Friday, December 14, 2012

I need help picking a wall color or accent color?

Q. I am trying to redo my master bedroom. I am looking a getting this new bed from badcock.
http://www.badcock.com/Badcock/Furniture/Bedroom/QueenBeds/PRD_900589/Queen+Upholstered+Bed.jsp?bmUID=1298239346733
Also new bedding, I want the sheets and 2 pillow cases to be brown/tan zebra print but the comforter and other 2 pillows to be a different color. What color should I put on the walls? Should I put a tan/creme on the walls and pick a bold color for the comforter/accents?

Also I am putting this flooring down because this is what I already but in my sons room.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_211699-30029-D2853WG_0__?productId=3111167&Ntt=swiftlock+flooring&Ns=p_product_price|0&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNs%3Dp_product_price%7C0%26Ntt%3Dswiftlock%2Bflooring

Any opinions would be appreciated

A. For a sophisticated look, I would choose a comforter in something like this, a great linen with brown trim.

http://www.bassettfurniture.com/Cream-and-Brown-Queen-Bed-Set-DZ20797.asp

Then I would add your bold colors in the coverlet, accent pillows, & other accessories in the room. For a wall color, check out Sherwin Williams 6106 Kilim beige. Use their Duration Home line in a flat finish for a great velvety finish, or their Quartz faux finish for extra texture & elegant drama.

For a rug on your wood floor, choose a leather rug or a flokati in at least an 8x10:

http://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/clearancerugs/rugs-usa-/beige/170SHATAN-2608.html

Let's say you want to do reds as an accent. You'll pick that up as red accent pillows, red coverlet (maybe a mattelasse), candles, & artwork like this:

http://www.art.com/products/p14101293-sa-i2802331/darrell-gulin-fireweed-and-wild-barley-in-denali-national-park-alaska-usa.htm?sorig=cat&sorigid=12134&dimvals=12134&ui=b21ce296fe0f46d4ae6da39c75ec9e5f

Or just keep the room in all neutrals to keep a soothing look (that would be my preference).

In any case, texture is the key.


Honest opinion of gay pride parades?
Q. What are people's honest opinion on these? My partner and I think they are detrimental to the community. They really set us back and portray us as sex-crazed maniacs. I've seen the craziness that goes on some and frankly, the stuff makes embarrassed. We are just two normal looking guys that have been together for 9 years and we really don't agree on the parades. We think they are un necessary. Please, leave your excessive drag queen, leather fetish, bondage attire at home in your bedroom if you want America and the World to think more of us.

Folks opinions? out there?

A. I agree with you 100%.

I wish that the parades would focus more on paying tribute to all of the men and woman that made sacrifices to advance our civil rights.

The Mattachine Society kicked off the gay rights movement as we know it today and The Stone Wall riots ignited a fire in our bellies. Many men and woman fought tirelessly, giving countless hours and some even their lives to gain freedom and rights.

I understand the reasons for wanting celebrate so freely. But the works not done, not even by a long shot.

I used to go to my local pride event, but I always had a twinge of pain every time I saw some of the LGBT community acting like they had no sense at all.

Now, I stay home with my kids and reflect on the people that have made my life as a gay woman easier.

I'm not saying that the LGBT community shouldn't celebrate. They should. That's what all the parties at the bars are for. Wanna go out half dressed or in your fetish gear? Then save it for the bar, Please!

The gay community would be doing it's self a huge favor if it looked back to the most successful civil rights movement ever. Dr. King marched dressed in his Sunday best. Look back at the pictures of him marching in Birmingham. In the scorching heat, wearing a suit, tie and dress hat. Marching peacefully with so much pride, able to hold his head high knowing that all the participants were putting their best foot forward.

Instead we just give the media an easy chance to make snide comments about us.





L


I'm looking to redo my room... can i have some ideas?
Q. I have a beautiful room, but i'm almost 16, and it is time to change it. It looks like a 12 year old lives in it.
It is yellow sponge painted and it has a white wainscoating all around it. I Loved horses, and i still do, so it has a beatiful canvas on the wall of horses running, and then a few other horse pictures on the wall. These are the things i want to change:
- My desk
- my bed comfortor/quilt
- the canvas on the wall
- my lamp on my desk
-my fan in teh ceiling
- possibly add a few lanterns from the celiling

Here is what i wanted the bedding to be:
http://www.pbteen.com/products/peace-patchwork-quilt-and-sham/?pkey=gthmgrlphb

I'm worried though that i won't be able to afford all of this stuff. I only get $100 a month, so it's going to be tough. I want to get everything done by November. I have my heart set on getting these things from pb teen because i love them, but they are just so expensive! I don't know what to do! Do you have any ideas? I don't want to get something of really cheap quality though because then it won't last very long. I want a NICE room. My room is the most beautiful in the house(this isn't an overstatement either and our house is gorgeous) but i dont' know what to do with it. I have a twin bed, but I'm afriad tha tif i get a queen bed my roomw ill look very small. Any Ideas?

A. One of the fastest and easiest ways to make over a room is painting it. If you think the yellow is making the room too little-girlish, you can paint it a fresh new color. I really wanted to paint my bedroom a royal purple, but the natural lighting in my room is low, so I didn't want the dark color to make my room appear small and dark. I chose to paint the 2 walls opposite my bed purple, and painted the remaining 2 walls an antique white. This way I got the purple color I desired without over-doing it. I chose black and white bedding, so the purple really spices up the room with a pop of color.

As for changing your furniture, when I wanted to makeover my apartment I had to just buy a little at a time. I shopped around for the best deals online and in store, and when I ran into a great deal I scooped it up (like a leather storage ottoman for $50, one of my favorite pieces). Maybe you could purchase your bedding first, since you are really convinced that you want that certain type, and then you can buy the rest of the furniture a little at a time to complement the bedding.

Don't be afraid to look at resale shops, craigslist, and Amazon. I found a lot of decorative items on Amazon for cheap, and most of the time you can get free shipping if you spend $25 - that is hard to beat! I'm also a huge fan of target, online and in store, and they have some great lamps.

As for the queen size bed, that might be a good investment, but might not. Generally a mattress needs to be replaced every 5 years, so if you stick it out with your twin bed you could aim for purchasing a larger bed when you're around 21. I think that would be a great age to invest in a larger bed. Especially because if you go to college or move into a small apartment, etc, you may not be able to fit a queen size bed in your new place. I'd say stick it out with the twin bed for a few more years. But if you do feel the need to get the larger bed, measure out how much room the queen size bed would take up in your bedroom; would you still be able to fit your desk and other furniture items, or would your bedroom be super cluttered?

Hope you figure out something that makes you happy! Good luck.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I need help picking a wall color or accent color?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment