Wednesday, March 12, 2014

How can i set up my room? Would like an interior designers help.?




Sara


I want my room to be set up in the way that I will walk in a pretty much be very happy with it.
I don't have pictures but I can describe the room. my room is appox. 10x11ft
I have a window that it maybe 4ftx4ft that is facing the side where the sun comes up(east). the opposite wall is where my closet is it takes up the whole wall besides where my door is on that same wall. Then I have walls north and south(duh). I have giraffe curtains that I don't plan on changing.
this is the bed I am getting. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S79893568/
I also have 5 strips on the north and south walls that are maybe 5" each they run vertical. I have no problem painting them away if I need to. My walls are white. ummmm I believe that's all the detail I can give with out a picture. Oh! I have a curtain for my closest but I can put back in the doors if that what your vision is.

One more question..SOO sorry that it is a lot. What type of bed spread should I get? If you have a picture of it post the link with you answer. I only have about 30$ for the bed spread.. Thank you so much for you help.



Answer
Hi - First of all you don't say if you are painting your walls? Also you do not mention what other furniture you have in your room and what colour that is? Do you have carpet - if you do what colour is that or do you have floorboards etc? The bed you are getting you do not say what colour this is as Ikea do this bed in different colours i.e. white, black/brown, medium oak and white stained oak.

Are you wanting new bedding or does your bedding match your giraffe curtains - or is it just a bedspread you are after - I suppose the colour of the colour of your curtains are black/brown or brown/beige?

As regards your closet I would definitely advise you to put your doors back on because personally I think the doors look a lot nicer and neater with them on instead of curtains - these I think tend to look a little messy.

One thing I would say regards your bedspread - would you want something on the 'theme' of giraffes? This could look quite nice!

So, I shall give you some ideas for going for this theme:

If your curtains are in browns/beige - I would go for one feature wall i.e. behind your bed in a brown colour and any wall space that is left including your window wall etc etc then do a cream/beigy colour.

See these pictures to give you some ideas on this 'theme':

https://www.google.ie/search?q=giraffe+theme+bedroom&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=4lGAUdKmLMmwhAex44DwDQ&ved=0CDMQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=643

You could perhaps a wall 'decal' above your bed of a giraffe?

These are some stickers: http://www.zazzle.co.uk/giraffe+stickers

and some decals - this is a nice idea for one of your blank walls:

http://www.cafepress.com/+giraffe+bumper-stickers

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/90-60cm-Memory-Photo-Tree-Wall-Stickers-Decor-Decals-Art-Sitting-Room/863174389.html

This bedding would look nice with this theme and go well with what I have advised you above - although i had a job to find anything in your price range in America?:

http://www.beddingsuperstore.com/i?store=cat&nomenu=yes&id=16831&Austin-by-HomeMax-Imports---PRE-ORDER-NOW

http://www.beddingsuperstore.com/i?store=cat&nomenu=yes&id=16815&Cowhide-by-HomeMax-Imports

http://www.beddingsuperstore.com/i?store=cat&nomenu=yes&id=1884&Giraffe-by-Karin-Maki/Kimlor

Can you please come back on with the information above if I have misunderstood exactly what you need i.e. painting of your walls etc. and then I can assist you a lot better in my answer :)

Is there a way to sound proof my bedroom?




Carl Howey


I'm hoping someone else has encountered this problem and could help me. I just got a new guitar amp and it is REALLY loud. The lowest setting is pretty loud. It's a tube amp so it needs volume to sound good. I'm just wondering if there is a something I could put on or over my windows that would make it so less sound would go through. And also if there is something for doors I could do. I stuffed the crack at the bottom with the blanket on my bed and that helped. Just wondering if there is anything better.


Answer
I've built several dozen radio station and recording studios in my day. There have been a few where I had a one million dollar budget to sound proof and equip it. Others...let's just say that management considered sound proofing an afterthought.

Egg cartons will reduce reflections in the room. So will matresses, carpet, and what ever other silly things people put on their walls. But none of this will significantly reduce the amount of sound leaving the room.

Sound is transmitted throught the movement of air. To stop sound tranmission, you have to stop the air from moving. And the door to your room is probably the biggest offender. The space around an average residential interior door is roughly equivalent to a 7" square hole.

And if you can knock on one side of the door and hear it on another (and you will...it's likely a hollow core door), then the door itself is going to act as a re-radiator (or passive speaker cone).

And we haven't even talked about the walls themselves (although that's more of a problem with bass guitar), or air ducts.

You could spend thousands of dollars on attempting to sound proof your room and still get complaints.

So...why not try to reduce the output volume of the amp? Much simpler and less expensive.

I understand about tube amps needing to to pushed a bit to sound good (I've been playing longer than you've likely been alive). So what you want to look at it a power attenuator that goes between the amp output and the speaker.

Early ones were horrible and could damage amps, but the ones out now are nothing like that.

The best one I've heard is the Weber MASS Lite:
https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/masslite.htm

It actually uses a voice coil from a speaker as the load, so your amp reacts like it was connected directly to a cabinet. One of my best playin' buds uses this with his 50 watt Mesa Nomad. The master volume is wound out, but with this thing you can have a conversation standing in front of the amp if you want.

At $140...that's likely your best option.

Good luck.

Greetings from Austin, Tx
Ken




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can i set up my room? Would like an interior designers help.?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment