Monday, January 27, 2014

How to decorate my apartment with a zen/Asian style?

bedroom set european style
 on Sets - Buy European Bedroom Set,European Style Bedroom Set,European ...
bedroom set european style image



~Gwen~


I'm moving into a new, smaller apartment and would love a minimalistic, calming decor. I can't afford to spend too much, but I am very crafty, own a sewing machine. I have a set of textured red curtains that look gorgeous.

Any ideas?



Answer
I love bamboo roman shades paired with beautiful curtains. Keep your furniture very minimal, and get a few asian inspired throw pillows for your couch, or chairs or whatever you have. Something that will match your curtains. Or you can find some fun asian inspired fabric to make the throw pillows out of (try e-bay for some cheap fabrics).

Check out this fabric, this is beautiful with a little hint of red, and it's not tooo busy: pretty cheap on e-bay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ZEN-CAMOUFLAGE-VINTAGE-JAPANESE-SILK-HAORI-FABRIC_W0QQitemZ270315153557QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item270315153557&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50#ebayphotohosting

You could do a couple of throw pillows out of that.

I would leave everything else very minimal, maybe do a nice mirrow with a big frame (black or something pretty plain). I would do a lot of natural things, like the bamboo shades, maybe a seagrass or jute rug,

Maybe a woven trunk for storage that can double as an ottoman. I recently picked up 3 of these at my local target, but they were 50% off.

http://www.target.com/Square-Banana-Leaf-Woven-Trunk/dp/B0012N759I/sr=1-1/qid=1228799917/ref=sr_1_1/183-7292684-8445769?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Awoven%20trunk&page=1

They are darker in color as they appear on the website. I have used two pushed next to each other as a coffee table, and one as a side table next to a chair in my living room.

What is most important, is to bring stuff into the room that makes you feel the most comfortable in your space. I have "inspiration pieces" in all my rooms that really make the room for me. In my living room it's a palm tree painting from a local artist here, every time I look at it, I'm absorbed into it for a little while.

In my bedroom it's my down european pillows on my bed, They are so comfortable and comforting. Find something that you LOVE and build your room off of that. But use it as your "main attraction".

Happy Decorating, and Happy Holidays.

Hey, does anyone know where I could buy a new eco-friendly bedroom set for no more than $500.00?

Q. I'm looking for one in an asian style or antique european. I have very little money and I can't be driving to people's homes to look at furniture being sold in the newspaper because I don't have a car... but I desperately need to get my home and life organized and so I need furniture to do that. I can't have goodwill bring anything in because the last time I tried that they were so astonished by my home; my mom is a pack-rat... and I am not going through that again! Lastly, I would just really prefer it to be eco-friendly because I care about the environment and I have also read that eco-friendly furniture is better for your health. Please help... Thank you!


Answer
sorry i looked but to no avail couldnt find nothing




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to decorate my apartment with a zen/Asian style?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment