Saturday, November 9, 2013

Need ideas for decorating a boys room with a dinosaur theme.?

unique bedroom set ideas
 on Ideas For A Unique Homemade Master Bedroom Headboard - Houses Plans ...
unique bedroom set ideas image



Von


Two of my sons ages 5 & 8 share a room, they love dinosaurs, reptiles etc. and want this as a theme for their bedroom. I have several ideas in mind for the bedding, but would like to as a touch to the walls. They are white now and the carpet is tan which is helpful. All of the bedding sets I am considering are good colors one is tan/beige with dinosaurs, one is burgundy, and one is blue. What can i do to the walls to add character and pull form the bedding. I am also still looking for unique bedding, I have tried Target and The Company Store, you can go on line ans see what I'm talking about. I want a room that is not toddler like as my 5 year old acts like my 8 year old.


Answer
http://mariesmanor.fateback.com/BOYS/DinosaurBedroom.html

Where to buy really girly/colorful/pink stuff for my bedroom? I want my room to be girly and cute?




lalalala


I am going to move in a new house and I want my room to be super cute and girly. I LOVE hello kitty and anything that's cute and colorful/pink. Even those little stickers/hearts on the walls are good. Where do I buy stuff like that from? Like girly curtains, hello kitty decorations, etc.. any other ideas? I am 18.

At my old house, my room was boring and cluttered.
and don't say Wal-Mart.



Answer
Hey :]

First, you need to decide on the color you want to paint the walls. If I were you, I'd paint all the walls a light pink except for one wall - the accent wall - which I would paint grey, turquoise, white, anything that stands out from the pink. The accent wall should be the window wall, the wall with the closet, OR the longest wall in the room. You're choice. You also need to figure out the colors you wnat to use in your room. If you want it to be really girly, then light pinks, hot pinks, turqoise, lilacs, light greens, greys and silvers all look great, not to mention White.

Then, you should think about what kind of furniture you want in your bedroom. Maybe get everything in light cedar, or white wood ETC. If it's darker, you can always paint it. I think white furniture would really make it look clean and pretty, metal or chrome furniture would be my next choice. Try making a list of all the new furniture you want, and what you can do to your current furniture to make it fit in the room. For example: 1. Paint Dresser 2. Buy Bed Frame ETC. Don't forget to add comfortable furniture; at some point you'll have guests over, they want somewhere to sit. Add in some Egg Chairs, Bean Bag Chairs, or a Couch / Love Seat.

After that, you need to choose some bedding. You could probably get a little Hello Kitty throw blanket, to put on top of a pink or flowery bed-spread, with maybe pink or shiny sheets underneath. Try getting some fuzzy pillow cases, or turquoise pillow cases. Try accessorizing with lots of different colored throw pillows, as well as maybe a body pillow or two. Make it unique, YOUR room.

Then, you should start looking for all the other little stuff you want. For example, I love making collages and putting them in my room, my locker ETC. You could make one from pics of magazines, pics of you and friends, stuff offline, anything. You'll also want to make a list of all the little stuff you need on your desk. Maybe put a special scrap booking or diary in the middle, and then a bunch of pink or hello kitty pencil holders, paper clips, ETC. A calender would be a good idea, too.

If you want "girly" ideas, how about this:

1.) Canopies. You can hang one over your bed, and trust me it looks great. It's also great in the summer, if you find mosquitoes in your room a lot. They come in plain white, or colored. Try to get it to match one of the accent colors in your bedroom.

2.) Pillows. You'll need pillows for the chairs, the bed, your couch (if you have one), maybe just on the floor. You can mix and match colors, prints, textures and patterns, to make a really cute look. Get them in all the colors of your room and bed, maybe some in Hello Kitty ETC.

3.) Wall Murals / Decals. You can make a Hello Kitty or Flower mural on the wall, maybe about your bed or on the closet doors ETC, or you could add stick on decals. I think you can get the means to creat both at hardware stores, Home Depot, Canadian Tire ETC.

4.) Patchwork Curtains. I love Patchwork Curtains! You can buy them made like that, or make then yourself. Add in some sparkly colors, pinks, hello kitty prints, cheetah prints ETC. It looks adorable and it frames windows perfectly.

5.) Displays. If you have a special medal, trophy, favourite book, favourite drawing, precious earrings ETC, then you might want to display it on the wall. You can mount it, or put it in a case of a shelf. It makes the room feel sophisticated and personal at the same time. Or, if you have a designer dress ETC, then you could have it set up in the corner, on a hedless maniquan or something.

6.) Vanity / Dressing Table. Simply take an old - or new desk - and make it look pretty. So, paint it, add some pictures, whatever you want. Then, put a mirror or two on the desk, and then a close up mirror ETC. Put all your bath stuff, hair brush, nail polish and make up stuff there. Before bed, you can pick out what you're going to wear and put it there too.

7.) Names. You can have your name embroidered on a bean bag chair, pillows, painted on the wall, the windows, just about anywhere. It makes the room feel personal, and it adds a very elegant touch. You could dot an I or a J with a paw print, or heart if you have one.

If you want to email me, I can give you more ideas, but that's all I can fit into one answer. Remember, this is YOUR bedroom, no one elses. Make it personal, add in some pictures of friends, lots of comfy pillows, maybe a new stereo system or T.V. Don't worry about making it the perfect room acording to a magazine, just the perfect room acording to You.

I hope this helped, have fun decorating :)
~*~ Megan ~*~




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Need ideas for decorating a boys room with a dinosaur theme.?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment