Friday, July 19, 2013

Ikea Mattress VS Standard Mattress?

bedroom set european style
 on European style bedroom sets - European style bedroom sets (BD-02 ...
bedroom set european style image



Meeps


If I ordered a bedroom set from ikea, does most of there bed frames work with a standard box-spring and mattress or does itt have to be from ikea too
?



Answer
It depends, Check the dimensions for the model that you bought (it should be on their website.) Some are made for the European market so they need to have the IKEA mattresses but others are made to US standard sizes and fit them fine. IKEA sells both Euro and US size mattresses nowadays. I have owned several IKEA bed frames in queen size. Two of them fit the Euro sized bedding and 3 of them fit standard US bedding. The bed I use now is an IKEA queen wooden canopy bed and fits a standard Beautyrest queen perfectly. The differences are only a few inches. If the bed is more a platform style with no footboard you can usually use either size. But if it has to fit down into the frame you may have problems using the US sizes.

Also, independent local mattress companies in most cities make there own mattresses. It is usually not all that much more money to have them custom make the size you need. I have done that to get mattresses to fit 100 year old family antique beds (which are smaller than modern beds).

I would like a European themed bedroom?




Alex


I have no idea where to begin. I'm 13 and I love love love Europe. I have white furniture, I can't paint my walls since I live in military housing, and I don't know how to go about changing my decorations. Here's a picture of a bedroom set I absolutely love, but I cannot create the same effect because the mural costs about two hundred dollars, and it doesn't seem French without the mural.

http://girlsthemebedrooms.com/parisian/French-style-oohlala-decorating-ideas.html

The picture is the black and white vertically striped bedding with a red stiletto pillow and a mural of the Eiffel Tower. Here's a pic of the bedding without the stiletto pillow or the mural, and it doesn't look French at all.

http://www.beddingsuperstore.com/i?store=specialty&id=1100545753&pa=106&sid=6A3A6FX3PMY897

I love Germany too!

In fact I'd like a room where there's kind of a bit of everything in it, but still looks put together, and matching. Maybe a huge map of Europe and some flags or something I don't know. But I'd also like it to look okay with my Tokio Hotel (German band) posters.



Answer
travel theme
http://mariesmanordecorating.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Ikea Mattress VS Standard Mattress?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment