Monday, July 15, 2013

How much could I charge to rent out my house?

bedroom set guide
 on Madaleine Bedroom Set by Homelegance, 1385-BR-SET. Furniture XO
bedroom set guide image



Mom2beauti


We live in North East North Carolina and may have to relocate for my husbands job. We don't want to sell the house until the housing market goes up so we are considering renting it out instead. It is 1800 sq ft 3 bedrooms, 2 and half baths. Master suite has large bathroom and large walk in closet. Attached garage, fenced in back yard. House is on about 1/8 acre. Brand new stainless steel appliances in kitchen. House was just finished being built in the beginning of November 2012. Will also leave our washer and dryer. Any help figuring out a reasonable price we could ask for our house would be appreciated.


Answer
The advice you got to check out craigslist is pretty good in my opinion. We own a home in Boone, NC that we have rented out for about 4+ years now. I've always used craigslist as my guide to find out what similar properties were renting for and set my rent accordingly. That has worked great for me.

If you're a new landlord be prepared to carefully check out whomever you decide to rent to. I've had to learn the hard way that great people in appearance can turn in to nightmare tenants. Check references no matter what! Also ask yourselves if you really want to be long distance landlords. I live about an hour from our rental and it can be a real pain if I need to take care of something suddenly. I can't imagine being hours away and dealing with problems long distance.

Renting it can be a great way to hang on to it and create a nice nest egg for yourselves but it can also be a huge headache. The additional income we have off the house has been a blessing but it has in no way been a free ride like I naively expected in the beginning. Being a landlord has been a real eye opener for me as to how some people live and do or don't take care of your property. If you're prepared for all of that you'll do great. If not..... well you may want to rethink selling and determine the pros and cons doing so.

I know this all didn't speak specifically to the price you can charge but I hope this gave you some guidance and info that will be helpful. Good luck to you!

What is a good vacation for a big family? Need 7 bedrooms?




3 of us an


Hello, we are planning on a vacation with both sets of parents (husband and mine) plus our siblings. We need 7 bedrooms, there are 4 kids going and 12 adults. We want to have something fun for kids but also something great for adults. We do not want to do like disney or hershey park. We want to stay in the US. Thanks.


Answer
I would recommend you check out the site Fatpassport.com and use that as a guide to figure out first, where to go on vacation, and 2nd, work out the travel options and accommodations. GL & HF!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How much could I charge to rent out my house?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment