Tuesday, March 25, 2014

How much is a antique dixie bedroom set worth?




Elizabeth


I have a seven piece Dixie Bedroom set. It is a king size bed, two night stands, a mirror, and a dresser. All original set.There are gold pulls and the bed has four carved posters and sits up two feet off the ground. This set was my grandparents and has the Dixie stamp on the back of the pieces. I have no idea how much to sell this for or where to sell it. Any ideas?
This set is not antique. I would venture to call it vintage though. I can not find a date on it but do think it was made sometime in the late 40s/50s since it is a family heirloom from my grandparents. It has the Dixie stamp and an item number though and made in the U.S.A.



Answer
if it has a king size bed then it is unlikely to be an antique, furniture is supposed to be 100 years old before being called antique, and they did not use king size beds in 1910

Bedroom set off Craigslist?




Savannah


So, they are asking $700 for everything including the mattress. How much should I offer them for everything *but* the mattress? 500? 600? How much would the Matress and boxspring be worth? It's a Cal King set.


Answer
If it's a King Size bed, mattresses are pretty pricey for it. So, they probably want to sell it all together. Just email them first, and ask if they would be willing to sell the set without the mattress, before you name a price. But, yes I'm thinking 500 - 600.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How much is a antique dixie bedroom set worth?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment