Wednesday, March 26, 2014

For stay at home moms or just people in general who are home all day and depressed?




mimi


I've never felt this way before but I've just been sad all the time and I think being home all day is the cause. I just recently graduated college and have been searching for a job for months. My husband is at work all day as well as my friends. I try to keep busy by cleaning house or even go shopping but then that gets old. I feel like I've gotten to a point where I don't have the energy to leave the house anymore. I could stay in bed all day but I would never want my husband to come home and see me like that so I drag myself to get dressed and put makeup on. Coffee use to be able to perk me up for a while and give me energy, now that doesn't even work anymore. I know I should probably be outside in the sun and go for a walk and maybe that would help, but I hate just being alone. I live in a boring city/big town with not much to do and sometimes wish I was somewhere else such as New York, Los Angeles...anywhere but here. I just know I should be doing so much more with my life but I feel so stuck in this city so little possibilities and I don't know what to do. Does anyone who is currently unemployed or stay at home moms ever feel this way?


Answer
Hi....Let me just say that I live right in the middle of NYC,actually I live in Long Island City,New York. And I am also a stay at home wife...BORING!!!! My husband works from 5am-5:30pm,M-Sunday.Yes 7 days a week!! So,I get very bored and lonely right here in the BIG city of NYC! I know exactly how you feel,especially with the whole coffe thing,funny how you mentioned that too.I drink my coffee really strong too,now it doesn't work for me anymore either.I stay home,cook,clean and make myself up pretty too with the make-up,hair(sometimes).But I just get so tired of even doing that! What I do now for myself is I got into a Woman's support group.I have to say that just because I live in a big city,doesn't mean you can't find a support group for yourself.So don't think that you can't find 1 due to the fact your NOT living in a big city!!! I'm also in a different counseling session every week besides my Woman's group.I only have 2 meetings a week,but it does help somewhat.Other than that,I don't do much.I'm not much of a window shopper,we don't have a lot of spending money.The rent here in NYC is terrible,we now pay $1,550 for just a 1 bedroom apartment,so we have a tight budget to live on.What you need to do is to find something/anything to pass your day.Not TV,not a computer...I am actually quite comfortable being along NOW I am anyways.My Woman's group counselor was very concerned about me staying home alone all the time.But I finally got her to see that I'm quite happy with it,but there ARE times I feel like you do.I get down,sad,depressed and SO freaking BORED!!! I'm NOT the kind pf person who can go out and party(GOD knows there is a lot of places here for that),I don't go out and eat a lot,I'm not a big fan of movies,museums(spelled it wrong maybe).But IF I do feel like I have to get out,I GO!! I know how you feel about your life NOT being fulfilled,I also wanna do something with my life.I'm almost 40,and I have nothing more than my GED! I have the ability to get a better education..and better yet,I can do that free,especially living here in NYC.The opportunites for a better education are wonderful,better health care(free for most),and so many other possibilities for me.I just don't have my get-up-and-GO anymore! And I hate IT!!!!! I'm also stuck dear..I wish you could tell me how to get myself out of my own rut.I know that MY issues with my rut...My issues are all my own self-pity!! I'm gonna have to get off my a$$ and do something about my LIFE! The longer I sit here and the more I complain,the longer and harder it will be for me to fulfill any of my goals and dreams I have set for myself.This IS the same for you too! I suggest to you..that you slowly start setting and making some goals for yourself,easy though!! Easy goals,just easy enough for you to accomplish and once you have accomplished 1 goal,then you move onto another EASY goal!!! So far...the goal I've set for myself is that I made myself an appointment for next week to get into a program called VESID,which will enable me to get into school free of charge.This is just 1 goal I've set for myself,even though it's ONLY an appointment it's a goal which I intent to achieve!! I don't have any of the answers that your looking for,but I do have advice as to help you set some realistic goals for your future.Try doing as I mentioned earlier,see what goals you accomplish,see how many you CAN accomplish.I have a good feeling that you WILL go somewhere in your town.You don't have to come to NYC or LA to make it in life.I wish you all the best and I have a good feeling that you'll do just fine with your life.GOD BLESS.

Whats the different between a Rural Community, a Urban Community, and a Suburban Community?




ash.


I have to do a Triple Venn Diagram for one of my classes, but I dont really know what the differences are. What do you find in a Rural Community, that you dont see in an Urban Community? What do they drive? What do people live in over there? (Apartments, condos, houses, etc.) Helppp pleaseeeee?


Answer
Rural is large tracts of land with plenty of Farms. Average land holding is 50 acres or more.
Urban is City Living with apartment buildings and heavy traffic
Suburban is a bedroom community for a major city.
They drive cars since the USA has roads every where.
Look up New York State. New York City is a Urban setting with High rises, condos, co ops, town houses and private homes. Most use public transportation since parking spaces are at a premium.
Long Island is a Suburban community with people for the most part working in the City. They drive and use public transportation. Then look at upstate NY roughly 250 miles from the city and you see Dairy Farms, State Land, Produce Farms, lakes, streams. Drive cars since no public transportation.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: For stay at home moms or just people in general who are home all day and depressed?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment