Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Beach themed bedroom! Help!?

Q. Okay so I Have a small room maybe 10ft by 10ft? Not very big at all. But I live in Florida and right now I have no theme to my room. So I wanted to do a simple beach room. Like a room you might find in one of Florida's hotels. I'm thinking about painting my room ocean blue maybe like aqua and I want to do white trim on my closet and etc. I'm also thinking about getting light brown-tan wicker furniture. I have carpet and I'm not aloud to change that, So if you have any other Ideas that would be GREAT! Also i'm going to get a salt water fish tank, and a beach themed bed set. And i was thinking about gluing shells to my walls? I'm going into high school, so I don't want my room to be tacky or childish. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!


Answer
make a sea glass mosaic or just do something with sea glass.
Use a towel as a rug (that might look a little cheap though).
Get paintings of sea creatures.
Get a daylight replacement lamp.
get a collapsible chair (the kind you would see at a beach) and use it in your room.
Use a large bottom half of a sea shell as a soap dish.
Get a blue rug to simulate water.
get a tan bed cover and pillows and a blue blanket.

Bedroom Decorating Dilema?




Ophelia211


I want to set up a beverage center in my bedroom. I'm planning on using a console table, hopefully lucite or glass/metal combination. I'm trying to keep the style glamorous as possible.

My question is how to decorate the top of the "bar" besides the usual water bottles, glasses, etc? Also, what could I put on the wall behind it besides a painting?

My walls are light grey, the bed linens are icy blue-greyish satin and velvet. Throw blanket is taupe fur. Drapes are taupe dupioni silk.

Thanks!
I should have said water bar because that's the only beverage I'm planning on putting out. The dilema is still how to accessorize the table top besides water and glasses.



Answer
Because this is your bedroom the bar should take on a bar/disguised look. there are beautiful boxes that could sit on the bar and hold openers, stir sticks, napkins, cork screw, etc.... on the wall I would go with something very comtempory - almost a conversation piece. maybe a clock within the contemporary art work or lots and lots of same framed mirrors make an awesome back drop. A picnic basket on the floor or next to the bar could also hold extra's such as additional, but not yet opened bottles, mixes, or shot glasses, towels etc... could be stored in the basket. Hope this is helpful




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Beach themed bedroom! Help!?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment