Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Purple and blue bedroom?

zoe bedroom set
 on Zoe Bedroom Set - Queen - 4 pc. - Sam's Club
zoe bedroom set image



Lisa


Right now my room is bright orange and it's too bright and annoying so I wanted to repaint it. My room is smallish but it's long and narrow instead of square. I was thinking of painting all walls a medium to dark purple and then painting just one wall some form of blue. Would this be okay? And what colors would go together?
Sorry I meant painting three walls purple not all



Answer
Dark colors and multi colored walls will make your room seem smaller. With a narrow room, this is not a good idea.

I would first look for bedding that has both purple and blue, then pick a lighter or matching shade of the non-dominant color for ALL the walls. Paint the trim/doors white.

Examples:
http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.aspx?DeptID=67787&CatID=68155&GrpTyp=ENS&ItemID=1466cb8&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=67787%7c67999&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=13&cmVirtualCat=&CmCatId=67787|67999|68155 with Glidden Soothing Lavender walls.

http://www.thecompanystore.com/parent/Bedding+Girls+Bedding/5001/E2Z4X/ with Benjamin Moore Sapphireblue OR Cumulus Cloud walls (one color, not both!)

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/bedandbath/comfortersbedspreads/sets/PRD~c14235/The+Big+One+Zoe+Bed+Set.jsp# with Benjamin Moore Lilac Pink walls

how should i decorate my room?




Rachel S


I have the attic bedroom in a 110 year old house so saying it looks old is an understatement.
I have a newer bedroom set, an old wingback chair, and a bar stool..
does anybody have some ideas on how I can make my bedroom look better without buying new furniture? I have no money to fix it up, so saying "paint the room", "buy new furniture", etc is unrealistic for me. I appreciate all helpful answers.
here are 2 pictures of my room, if they help.
number 1 (right inside of my bedroom): http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/Rachel_zoe_2009/Mobile%20Uploads/0608122012.jpg
and number 2 (where my bed is): http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/Rachel_zoe_2009/Mobile%20Uploads/0428121554.jpg
btw, plz excuse the mess, this was before i cleaned up my room.



Answer
It might be a good idea to put your dresser next to your night stand on the same wall as your headboard. Then put your wing back chair in the corner adjacent to your door. This will open up the room and give it an airyness that causes a youthful feeling to the room. Hope this helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Purple and blue bedroom?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment