Saturday, September 7, 2013

How early to people usually show up to an estate sale?

after 8 bedroom set
 on AICO Furniture - Bedroom Sets | Aico furniture, michael amini bedrooms ...
after 8 bedroom set image



Ashley A


I found pictures of an elderly woman's estate sale. She has a very cool antique bedroom set (dresser, nightstand, four-poster bed and another chest of drawers). I want to know how early I should get there if the estate opens at 9am. Also, do I go in there and make an offer or will the items be priced? Are these prices generally negotiable?


Answer
If the estate sale is run by some sort of company, it is doubtful prices will be negotiated. It can't hurt to ask how low they would be willing to go.
These people know how much antiques cost and they get a percentage of the profit from the estate.
If the sale starts at 9 am, you should be there by 8:50 (just in case they hand out #'s or let a certain amount of people in at one time).

Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

What kind of Carpet for the bed room?




KinnaE


I need a new carpet for my room and I want to know what TYPE of carpet is best for a bedroom setting. I just want it to look smooth and feel good and squishy if I were to lay on it. Not scratchy and hard.
I don't now much about this stuff at all.
Well, how much does backing cost then?
What IS backing? ><



Answer
When shopping for carpet use you hands. They ll tell you what you ll like. There is no "type " of carpet to look at. Carpet comes soft and hard aside from berber, they almost always feel hard to me. Its because you walking on the top of a loop.
Nylons will be the over best bet and buy, and they can come in a very soft yarn system. Polyesters are a softer yarn all together but don t wear as well as a nylon but this isn t a big deal in a bedroom setting.
The type of carpet dictates the padding you get and each of these come in different weights or poundage. You ll have to have a certain weight of pad that ll determine the support each type of carpet gets. Some type of carpets like berbers can only have a 3/8 ths pad and the max you can get for regular carpet is 7/16 ths. But you can get from a 5 1/2 # pad to a 20#. Each offer different softness levels. Again let your feet do the walking over a carpet and pad sample which any store will let you do.
Shopping the internet won t let you feel any carpet.
Any questions you can e mail me through my avatar..GL




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How early to people usually show up to an estate sale?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment