Sunday, August 11, 2013

What are some ideas on how I can repurpose a bedroom that belonged to my late little sister?

bedroom set with storage headboard
 on Stripe bedding Set with Storage Headboard in Contemporary Bedroom ...
bedroom set with storage headboard image



Samantha


My sister passed away almost two years ago. We cleaned her room in 2011, but we left a lot of her things in dressers (i.e. some clothes, a ton of books, some stuffed animals, blankets, journals). All of these things are in dressers and her bed is still in the room, but my father has been using the space as an office for the past year (he likes it because he can hear the waterfall we made for her in the backyard and it reminds him of her). The problem is that the room is very small and his desk is almost bigger than the bed. It is absolutely packed. His birthday is coming up, so my brother and I wanted to redecorate in such a way that still very much embodied my sister's presence, but was more functional as an office. Not to mention I am the one who has to clean the room regularly and it puts a lot of anxiety on me to spend so much time with her things. One of the other issues is that she passed away on her 15th birthday, so things are very girly in her room. The walls are yellow-which I'd like to keep even though it is difficult to match things with. And all of her things are rainbow, and the dressers have romantic princess carvings. Plus my father's desk is a huge steel thing from the 1950's. The entire room clashes. How much do you think I should remove from the room, or how can I take some of the things and turn them into something he can appreciate and hold onto in his office as office appropriate?


Answer
Take his old desk out. Replace it w/ a beechwood/light wood or maple wooden desk that coordinates w/ her room over her bed or as a flip desk attached to the footboard or the headboard.. I agree w/ the other suggestion about the shelves; put everything up there under glass or in a plastic storage container that's see~through. He can still enjoy her room.
What's his fave color? Draw that out of the rainbow stuff. If it's green, get him a desk set totally in green. Green will not clash w/ the paint. If it's blue, it will not clash either. I suggest indigo.
Empty her drawers of her clothes and put that in storage in her closet. Use the dresser as a filing cabinet. Or either partially remove and just scrape together two or three drawers for papers. Don't overlook under her bed as a storage space. Buy some organizational boxes..it will bring back some fond memories, I think.:]?

Where would i find one of these?




Jenna


okay so i don't know what they are called exactly but in the store i saw it from ( Pb teen) its called a Storage Bed + Bookcase Tower Set . The one at PB teen is $3,000 and that's A LOT! Plus i don't want the bed that comes with it i just want the bookcase tower. If you've never seen one then go to there website and type down Storage Bed + Bookcase Tower Set. So where else could i find one? Thanks.


Answer
here's some close to it.

http://www.designdazzle.com/2010/01/hot-pink-and-black-zebra-bedroom/

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/tahoe-bedroom-furniture-noir-full-4-piece-set-bookcase-headboard-footboard-storage-and-2-side-towers?ID=584073




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are some ideas on how I can repurpose a bedroom that belonged to my late little sister?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment