Thursday, August 22, 2013

do you think i got a good deal or no?

bedroom sets under $ 500.00
 on ... Piece Panel Bedroom Set with Trundle Under Bed Storage in Black
bedroom sets under $ 500.00 image



So Fly


okay so i had been thinking about getting a bedroom set with a brand new mattress for a while so i was looking around for a good deal and i found what i wanted at ashley furniture. by the time i paid for everything i spent $3203.00. i'll write down the price of everything right now but first let me say that they were having a anniversary sale so everything was marked down in price and they had a promo for any mattress 1499 and over u get a free 32' sony bravia lcd tv or 15% off the mattress.

for that price i got my queen size headboard,foot board,rail for 246.00
stearns & foster queen size mattress n boxspring for 1499.99
media chest for 239.00
chest for 137.00
dresser & mirror for 305.00
plus my free tv that i upgraded too a 46'' for 500.00

tax for little over 200 and deliver for 40.00 which included a 50 mile drive too my house and they completely set everything up for me in my room.

i told my parents the other day and my mom insist that i got ripped off or i could of found a better deal and that i could of looked in the classifieds for a bedroom set but i want a new one for my self not a used one.

on that tv the sale price for the 32'' was $400 but they gave me the full price credit of $500 and 46'' sale price was $750 but i paid the the full $1000 price on it but since i got a $500 credit i bought a $1000 tv for $500.

here are the links too what i bought

bedroom set
http://www.dufresne.ca/shop/view/category/Bedroom/group/Youth-Bedroom/product/1391823K

tv

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony/13422988
no it's solid wood i check it out my older brother bought a bedroom set that was made of pressed wood and it broke in no time so i knew too make sure it was solid wood. besides i could'nt find my set on the ashley website so i found it on that otherone so maybe that's the problem?



Answer
laminated means that if there is a ding it will look like crap. it's not solid wood, it's painted pressed wood. a wet glass can bubble up the surface, beyond repair.
1400. for a matress is very high. i got an unbelieveably great serta for $700. you almost need a step stool to get in it.
two years ago, i got a gorgeous solid wood, hand carved, 6 foot high headboard, footboard, triple dresser, tall dresser, and, night stand, all for under 2500. the style is called buckingham. it's heirloom quality. i love it. dings aren't noticeable and easily covered with ol english.
after years of having a crappy looking pressed wood bdrm set, i really love this set. it will retain much of it's value for a long time.
you have to shop around. i'm sorry, i agree with your mom.

Where do I find AFFORDABLE Toddler/Kid Furniture?




brandimile


Im trying to find "Affordable" Toddler/Kid Furniture...My daughter is 13 months old and Im trying to find some "Affordable" furniture for her room like an AMOIRE and a COMBO HUTCH (which is like a dresser with a bookcase attached on top) and I need these in ESPRESSO! My parents bought her an espresso color crib when I was pregnant, they paid 1300.00 for it and I dont want to pay that much money for the rest of the pieces in that collection! When I say Affordable Im looking for something under 500.00...Around the 200-300 price would be awesome! Please reply only with experience. I already looked at all the "furniture stores" and they are out of my price range. I reside in Dallas Texas


Answer
If you have time to be "choosey", craig's list is a great option.
We got an entire bedroom set for our daughter, including a headboard, a dresser, mirror, desk with hutch and a chair for $900. It's beautiful, too - not something that was from Montgomery Wards circa 1975.

You can expand how far out you want to search, based on how far you feel like driving. But you will want to be quick if you find something good. ;)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: do you think i got a good deal or no?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment