Tuesday, July 9, 2013

How would you go about putting I-beams under an existing double wide?

bedroom set brick
 on Graffiti Wall Art and Luxury Bed Furniture Sets in Modern Bedroom ...
bedroom set brick image



RSG


I want to block or brick the outside and add a bedroom and garage. I was thinking of using I-beams to support the double wide so it wouldn't flex and it wouldn't cause me any problems with the additions. I would pour a 2 foot footing with rebar and also have piers. How would you go about this since I already live i it?


Answer
Block walls are heavy, and need a proper foundation. The foundation has to be installed 1 ft below the frost line, or it will heave unevenly.

You dig a perimeter trench 36" deep around the outside of you trailer, and a second trench for your addition and garage. You pour a foundation 1 ft deep by 3' ft wide, with re-bar at the bottom of your trench. You then lay 16" block up to grade. At grade you can switch to 12 inch block with brick on the front. About 2 feet above grade you run your beam down the middle. It is best if you can jack up your trailer 6 inches, and then set it down on the blocks. The trailer frame will act as the sil plate.

I want my bedroom to look more mature and less little kid. What r some things i can do on a small budget??




bubblescol


I am 14 years old and my room has a single bed. It has recently been painted with the walls cream. I have a large mirrored woodrobe. The wall wear my bed is, is a brick wall and i am considering painting the bricks or rendering it. I also have a large window which looks out to a pool.


Answer
Maybe have a nice lounge next to the window with a reading lamp (really tall ones that set on the floor). You can pick up single lounges really cheap from opshops...

A peice of art either on a hall table (again- cheap from opshop) or a framed painting on a wall.

Some single colour curtains will help to finnish your room, as will a nice clear floor.

Ultimately keep your room uncluttered.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How would you go about putting I-beams under an existing double wide?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment