Wednesday, July 10, 2013

How can an American merchant Sailor live in the Philippines?

bedroom set philippines
 on Sesame Street Room in a box 5pc Bedroom Set Philippines - 5620391
bedroom set philippines image



Bones


I am a sailor working on US flagged ships and am interested in living in the philippines during my off time ,about 3 months at a time. Can somebody please give me advice on visa requirement's and housing options?


Answer
Hello Bones

As an American, you will be granted a 21 day visa waiver on arrival in the Philippines, so long as you have an onward ticket to another country and 6 months validity in your passport. If you want to stay longer than 21 days, you can arrange an extension. The first extension is for 38 days. After that, extensions can be arranged 2 months at a time until you have been in the Philippines for 16 months.
Read more here:
http://www.bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/visas.htm


It will be hard to arrange a lease for just 3 months. My suggestion is that you live in a hotel or live in condo style accommodation in a hotel for 3 months.

For instance, when I live in Cebu City, I stay in a family room in the Cebu Century Hotel. It is low class but I am happy there. It is P18,000 (about usd $370 on the current exchange rate) per month. For P18,000 I have a 32 square metre (344 square foot) room with; 3 beds, private bathroom, aircon, cable tv with about 60 channels, free local telephone calls, internet and room service until 3am. Some one makes up the room every day. Living at the Cebu Century hotel means not having to worry about any utility bills. I just pay the rent then after that, my only expense is dining and entertainment. Read more here:
http://bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/blog/?p=15

If you want better class accommodation in Cebu City, there are hotels with 1 bedroom condos starting at about usd $500 per month.

In the future, when you have a Filipina girlfriend, you could set her up in an apartment and live with her when you are not working.

By the way, you may find it so cheap to live in the Philippines that you end up only working a few months of the year and spend the rest of the year relaxing in the Philippines.

I hope this helps!


Regards; Jim Sibbick

How do I ship a U.S. bought furniture to the Philippines?




No to Bull


I recently found a really great Bed frame with wooden headboard in a Furniture shop here in California. In fact most of my parents bedroom set where from the US and was shipped to the Philippine due to the privilages my dad had while still in the Navy ( and while he was relocated to the Subic base)


How can I shipp the bed frame without damage to the Philippines and can I send them to normal shipping cargo carries?
Hopefully without damage?
Serious answers only



Answer
wrap it in bubble wrap? I would think that if something does happen to it, its out of your control but they would be responsible for it. Take a picture of it as proof




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can an American merchant Sailor live in the Philippines?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment