Sunday, July 7, 2013

How much should I sell my bedroom furniture for?

bedroom set buy online
 on Buy Bedroom Sets Online at EZBuyFurniture | Colorado City | Colorado
bedroom set buy online image



Tamee


I have a black 7 piece queen size bedroom set with two night stands, a dresser and a mirror that I purchased for $1600 about 16 months ago. I also paid $600.00 for some pillow top mattresses. Everything looks brand new. Someone offered $700. How much should I sell it for? Mattresses included.


Answer
The best answer is whatever you can get for it, I think $700 isn't a good price for it, but it's most probably close to what it's worth at most.

When you buy new, you're paying for the over heads as well. If you place an add in a free online site saying what you have is new or bought 2 weeks ago, you'd be very lucky to get 70% of that $2200 you paid for it. Reason being that buying from a store you have in general an amount of consumer protection for the most part.

What most people don't understand, is that the store bought that product or those goods for a fraction of what they sold it for, to cover their over heads. My Ex used to work for a big department store, I was surprised to find out that some items have a 500% mark up, I'm not saying there was a 500% mark up on your goods, but I'm guessing at least 100% if not more.

Where can I buy a kit to resilver a mirror?




Ripper


I was given an old bedroom set and the mirror is in "bad" shape. I can't find any kits to resilver the mirror. Does anyone know where I can find one online or a store that sells them in the worcester area?


Answer
You will need Rochelle Salts, Ammonia and Silver Nitrate, lots of distilled water and lots of elbow-grease. Cleaning is the most difficult part of the entire task.

You can make or purchase Rochelle Salts, you must purchase the Silver Nitrate and the Ammonia. Neither is a controlled substance. Silver Nitrate is not all that cheap, but you won't need much.

Otherwise, the links are below.

I have used exactly this process to re-silver some panels on an old Sparton 558 radio. With care, it works very nicely. The key, again, is cleanliness. When you are done, several coats of lacquer on top will prevent the silver from oxidizing - you should be good for 75 years or so.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How much should I sell my bedroom furniture for?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment