Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Need decorating ideas for black bedroom furniture-please helpl?




tulsanurse


I have a small bedroom with a black bedroom set-queen bed, nightstand, dresser, and armoire. The walls are white with tan carpet. I went out and purchased a sateen black down comfort with a set of soft pink sheets but Im not sure Im going to be able to use it because there is just way way to much black. Can anyone suggest any ideas. Im just wanting a room that is pretty soft and romantic. I love the new furniture but I dont have any idea on how to decorate with it. Im not a "red" person, its never been one of my favorite colors. Any ideas on whether i should return the comforter and sheets and start over? I have no accents pieces yet so Im starting fresh.


Answer
pink works with black, tan works with pink, but I am not sure if you want to try all three. Maybe pull back on the pink to small items like alarm clock, bookends and such. Tan or white would be the best bet for the rest of the room. If you can paint, try a tan for 3 walls, leave 1 white and any trim white( paint is cheap and if you are renting be sure to ask first).You may want to use a throw blanket and some light decorative pillows on top of the bed to break up the black and try table runners or doylies on top of your cases. But if you are tight on money, Return the comforter and sheets to try something different.Maybe plain black and white will be pleasing, kinda go art-deco.

How should I set up my bedroom?




Lucas


Hello, I'm a 14 year old guy and I'm moving in a couple weeks. I already chose my room and it looks like it's kind of awkward.
It's about 16x12. When you walk in, you're on the longer walled side. In the farthest corner to the left, there's a window on the left wall of the corner, and a double window on the right wall of the corner.
Also when you walk in, the closet is directly to your left. (It's a walk-in)
Where should I put my bed? It's queen sized with a navy blue comforter and white sheets
What color the walls be? I'd like it to be dark grayish, would that match?
I have a bureau (which I may not need because there's a walk-in closet), TV, TV corner stand (with a bookcase), another TV stand but not a corner one nor with a bookcase, a desk, a nightstand, and a futon.
And is it normal to hang t-shirts on the wall? I mean, I have these old band t-shirts that don't fit anymore and I'd like to keep them for something. I don't have any posters at the moment but I look forward to buying some though. And by the way, all of my furniture is black.
Thanks



Answer
Black and Blue? Yes - decorate with bold colors - black sucks the life out of a room.. Grey walls, No - white or pale yellow!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Need decorating ideas for black bedroom furniture-please helpl?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment