Friday, December 20, 2013

Removing White Wash from furniture?

bedroom set natural wood
 on Bedroom Sets : Classic Style Bedroom Set in Natural Wood Finish ...
bedroom set natural wood image



tia r


My daughter has a white wash bedroom set. She has gotten older and has her own style and hates the color. What is the best way to get that white wash off and get it's natural wood tones back?


Answer
You have to use a paint stripper is the only way....That is if your wanting to keep the wood grain visible....it can be sanded lightly, primed with an oil based primer(kilz original) etc..then recoated with a latex...If she wants the grain to show..it must be stripped....There are many new strippers that do not burn the skin and such in all diy stores...but this job is work extensive..and takes alot of tlc to complete..and should not be done inside around carpets, tiles etc...

How do I restore painted wood furniture?




Yourbetter


My bedroom furniture is wood, painted black, and the dresser and nightstand have a light cherry stain on the tops. The pieces are fifteen years old, but high quality and in great shape. Everything just needs a little cosmetic work. Do I need to actually refinish the pieces? If not, what can I use to clean the painted surfaces and the stained wood? I'd like to get the furniture to look as new as possible!

I have never done anything other than wipe them down with a cloth, and I am definitely a novice at any refinishing (or anything DIY in general).

Any answers are much appreciated!



Answer
If you want restore the natural wood look you have to refinish it. I refinished my stairs with Citris Orange Paint Remover. You let it set and it bubbles the paint. Then you scrape off paint and lightly sand then polyurethane it. Or you could contact your local antique dealer and ask them. What would be the best way to touch up the furniture. Could be something simple. If it has a dull look and you haven't tried Murphy's Oil Soap.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Removing White Wash from furniture?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment