Monday, July 1, 2013

Would you buy a mattress from craigslist?

bedroom set with mattress
 on Classical Luxury Bedroom Set - Bisini Antique Furniture and Home ...
bedroom set with mattress image



Jax101


My husband and I have a rather successful side project buying furniture for great deals on craigslist and then reselling them after minor repairs. We mostly stick to sectionals and couches but recently scored an entire bedroom set (king bed, 2 nightstands, dresser with mirror) for $300. The set itself is in great condition, its modern and sleek, no flaws and from Ashley home furniture. We can easily resell for $600 (we live in a large city). However, we also saw a posting for a newer mattress and bed spring set for $130 that they are selling due to moving. In your opinion- would you more likely buy a king bedroom set with mattress and box spring for $1000 or without for $600-800? Keep in mind this is craigslist and everything is always used. I appreciate your opinion.


Answer
I am sitting on a king mattress I bought off craigslist.

What did you pay for your bedroom set/suite ?




Boosha


Will be in the next year or so looking for a new bedroom set (king size bed). Just curious what others have paid for bed, dresser, drawers, nightstand ... etc the works?


Answer
First of all, make sure your mattresses are very comfortable. Don't be afraid to lay on them while you are in the store. Next I agree with the previous person about not going all matchey-matchey. I bought a matching dresser, chest & media cabinet for around $2700.00. I don't have a problem with whether they are solid wood or not as long as the look good and are sturdy. I bought a couple of inexpensive bombay chests to use as bedside tables and painted them to match the walls & chair. I didn't buy a headboard but I bought a set of candle holders that hold 16 votive candles ( 8 each). These are flame-less candles of course but when they're lit at night it is very romantic. Also, I bought a pair of inexpensive lamps and painted them the color of the walls. Believe me I'm not a crafty person but I had an eye for what I wanted & it turned out very well. Just take your time & have an idea of what you want your room to look like. Also, don't overcrowd the room.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Would you buy a mattress from craigslist?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment