Saturday, July 6, 2013

I'm thinking of moving to Miami. I'd like to hear from others that have moved there.?

bedroom set miami
 on ... more home kids furniture kids room sets miami kids bunk bedroom set
bedroom set miami image



bob r


I'm thinking of maybe moving to Miami. I currently live in chicago, and I'm sort of itching to get out and try something different. Im a 26 yo, single male. I have been to Miami before, and I really liked it, mainly for its lush tropical landscape and the different culture. I'm curious to hear from other people that have moved there if they were happy moving there, or if they came to regret their decision (and why)

I'm curious to hear from other people that have moved there (especially from very different places like chicago). Did it take you a while to adjust to living there? What it what you had hoped it would be? Are people friendly? Overall, do you feel safe in Miami? I've heard there are some bad areas of the city, but it Miami cant possibly be more crime ridden than chicago is.

Also, what it the cost of living like? Right now, I pay 1700 for a 1 bedroom in chicago, but I would like to find a nice apartment in a safe area in miami for around 1200 a month. What areas would you recommend living in? Is 1200 a reasonable amount to expect to pay in rent? I am a fairly quiet person, and while I enjoy Miami beach for its beauty, I wouldnt want to live near that craziness.

Any input from Miami locals would be appreaciated! Thanks!



Answer
I've lived here in the Miami area for two years and have mixed feelings. I should point out that back in the mid-90s I also spent 2 years living in Orlando, so this isn't my first rodeo in the Sunshine State.

I think my biggest gripe about Florida is the job market; it's not diversified enough (retail and services), the wages are too low, and finding jobs is too difficult. I know that people would say that the job market is bad everywhere, but Florida has a couple of things that set it apart. Just like with California, the population here grows too damn fast and job growth just isn't able to keep up. Every week you have people moving into the state (either folks from up north looking to live in a warmer climate, or Cubans and other immigrants drifting in with the tides). Obviously when those people arrive, one of the first things they do is look for work. There just aren't enough new jobs created for all the waves of people that keep moving into the state, and that's a big problem.

The cost of living is high, yes (as you already seem to know) and I accept this living in a state with such fast population growth, but what drives me crazy is that the wages don't keep pace. I had this exact same problem when I lived in Orlando back in '95. At that time the only jobs I could find paid barely above minimum wage.

How should I spray paint this?




.


My headboard has a glossy like coat on it, but Its fake wood as far as I know. How should I begin spray painting it. If it's fake, do I still have to strip and sand the top part, then spray paint it? Or can I just go ahead and spray over it? Is that all really necessary for real wood either? I'm trying to paint them white.

Thanx in advance!



Answer
You need to sand the gloss off first. I did my daughters whole bedroom set once, I used a Stone paint on the headboard and the tops of the dressers. and taped off other areas and painted different colors(sea-green and coral) we went for a kinda old miami color scheme. After the stone paint dries, you can still paint it a different color, the texture is nice because it feels like stone. I found spraying to be the easiest way to go. that brushing stuff is work, spraying gives you more options too, There are Stone, Metal, High Gloss ,Satan, Flats, Antiquing, distressed and so on. Just be sure to give it time to dry, and when you are done, set it in the Sun and let the UV's harden to paint quicker. Many people don't know this trick.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I'm thinking of moving to Miami. I'd like to hear from others that have moved there.?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment