Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What shipping option should I use on Ebay for large items?

Q. I've got 2 teen/children bedroom sets: 2 beds, nightstands, dressers, and matresses. When I first listed the items, I put them up for local pickup because shipping would probably cost a lot.

A. Shipping items like this are very expensive. In addition they will need to be boxed. I would suggest Craigslist or Backpage.com locally.


How much will it cost to hire a moving company?
Q. I will possibly be moving approx 50 miles away and wanted to know about how much it would cost to hire a moving company? It would basically be everything I have; living room set, bedroom set and the remainder of my items. I don't have any interest in doing it myself as many of the items are just far too heavy for me to move. I am trying to get a general idea for budget purposes. Many thanks!

A. 50 miles is a local move. You would need to find a local moving company that will charge you by the hour.
Check out this website, it has a lot of useful info: www.losangelesmover.org
50 mile move with 3 movers and a truck should not cost you more than $80-$100 an hour. It also important to know the size of your household.
1 brd usually 3-4 hours min, 2 brd 5-6 hours 3 brd 8+ hours.
If you wanna save money find a reputable local movers, big companies will give you flat rate, but it will be 2-3 times MORE expensive.


How do I write a contract for someone who wants to pay a deposit and then pick up the items later, Craigslist?
Q. I have a bedroom set and some sofas. The people want to pay a deposit and then pick it up in 1 week. Where can I find a contract? Also, what if they get injured while moving the furniture up some stairs we have here. Should I include something about this in the contract?

A. First be sure that this is a real deposit and not a scam one. There are a lot of scammers out there that will offer to pay you a deposit with a little overage and then you give them the overage back and turns out the entire check is no good. In case you don't get what I mean read http://www.howtobeatcraigslist.uni.cc and check out all the scams they have listed there, it's just amazing the stuff people will do.


What is the cheapest way to ship/move my personal items from Boston, MA to Miami, FL?
Q. I am moving the end of June 2008. I mostly have personal items...pictures, some art work, clothes, etc.,
I was thinking of bringing my bedroom set and tv but am open to selling it.
Thanks!

A. its expensive!!so,i would sell everything and purchase new once i got down here.It costs an arm and leg for gas guzzelrr uhaul and then to rent it.
Not worth it.....
keep your prized possessions at grammas/moms and sell everyhing else and use to purchse new once you are here.
Good luck!
ps if you really have a desire to run an ad in paper and see if anyone is headed down this way.at times guys come here to work and drive huge trucks and would appreciate 200 bucks to use on gas to bring it down...we have tons of military in this part of fla and i know guys who do drive home to see family etc and came back w empty truck i was never brave enough to do it.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What shipping option should I use on Ebay for large items?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment