Thursday, December 6, 2012

How much is reasonable to spend on a bedroom set?

Q. I'd like a queen panel bed (no need for a boxspring), a new queen mattress and a matching dresser. I'm trying to stay under $700. Any suggestions on how to stay within budget? I dont think I'll find what I want at a garage sale, and things like Craigs List dont have much in my area.

A. Well, getting all that for that price isn't going to be easy... Your best bet is WalMart or KMart. Other than that, I suggest you look at classified sections in your neighborhood. You could even find a notary public who could tell you where to look for estate sales. Sometimes, you can pick up a really nice bedroom set for peanuts, meaning you can spend a bit more on a quality mattress... as I wouldn't buy the mattress used. And if worse comes to worst, then you can get yourself a mattress at WalMart. They have some pretty neat ones that come in a rolling box and have a memory foam top.


What are some tips when rearranging/redecorating a bedroom?
Q. Tomorrow I will have a brand new queen sized mattress in my bedroom, and it has inspired me to want to redecorate my room. I have already painted my walls and my I have a decent amount of furniture already (I'm not really fond of it, but my mom says it has to stay). My taste leans to a more contemporary style.

A. Get some graph paper and lay out how you want your room, remember to be as close to scale as possible (this means each item - wall, door, window, bed, etc. - has to be in proper size relation to each other). You can make each square one foot or 6 inches or 18 inches or 3 feet - whatever works for your design (smaller numbers work better for accuracy).

Once you know where you want your bed, desk, chair(s), vanity, or whatever you may be putting in your room (in regards to furniture), decide what you want to focus on and what colors you want. Choose one or two main colors, any additional colors (not required) would be for smaller items or accents. Try to get colors that go together or pick several shades of one color, if you prefer.

Make a list of what you want before shopping to ensure you don't go crazy with impulse buys you'll just be cluttering your room with (and emptying your wallet for, needlessly).

Bigger items work better for drama than a bunch of little items UNLESS you have them matched in some way and they are set up in some pattern (3 or 5 candles, vases, matching wall hangings, etc.) instead of just thrown together or scattered around. Things can match by shape, color, fabric/material (e.g. all woodgrain), etc.

Keep the amount of (or lack of) space in mind when shopping to ensure you don't crowd your room too much.

Those are just some ideas to start.


Do all Queen Size beds come with box springs?
Q. We bought a bedroom set today, but it didn't have a box spring. Do they usually come with box springs or not. And by the way we got our bed from CrossRoad.

Thanks!

A. I would call CrossRoad and ask them. When I purchased my mattress I had to purchase my box spring for it.


What is the difference between a full and an oversized twin?
Q. I plan to buy a comforter set in an "oversized twin" but i have a full bed. Will it still work?

A. Hi
It can be more difficult to find bedding for an extra long twin bed. In stores, these extra long sheets are easier to find at the end of the summer, during back to school sales. You can also find sheets for an extra long twin bed online.

Some suggest using an extra long twin bed in a guest room. If you purchase two, you can push them together and create a king-size bed. Keep in mind that if you do buy an extra long mattress, you will need a new bed frame to go with it. Most mattress stores will include a new frame for little or no cost with the purchase of a new mattress and box spring.

If an extra long twin bed is not what you are looking for, there are many other mattress sizes available. A double bed, also known as a full, is another popular choice for a guest bedroom or a small apartment. These are 54 inches by 75 inches (137 cm by 190 cm). Some couples find them uncomfortable and too small for two people.

The most popular sizes for couples are queen and king size beds. Queen beds are 60 inches by 80 inches (152 cm by 203 cm). Standard king size beds are the widest available at 76 inches by 80 inches (193 cm by 203 cm), and the longest beds available, California kings, are 72 inches by 84 inches (182 cm by 213 cm).

Hope this helps
S1lent





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How much is reasonable to spend on a bedroom set?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment