Sunday, November 10, 2013

I am currently designing my bedroom and need ideas.?

bedroom furniture ideas storage
 on bedroom storage cabinets custom cabinets bedroom Go Bedroom Ideas ...
bedroom furniture ideas storage image



volleyball


I have a very tight budget, so DIY projects are definitely welcome. I have three light yellow walls and one light blue wall. It is a small bedroom-my furniture consists of a king sized bed, a dresser and a bookshelf (both of those are tall rather than wide-they take up less room that way).
I'm looking mainly for ideas of wall art. I don't have a headboard and was thinking of making one myself, but I don't know, since my room is already small it might make it appear smaller.
thanks!



Answer
you can get an 8' sheet of plywood, cover it with quilt batting on one side, stapled to the plywood on the other, and a few yards of a fabric that goes well with your other decor to cover the batting, again stapled to the other side. Lay longways on the floor behind the head of your bed for an instant, cheap headboard.
Another cheap idea for decor is to get a large canvas (oil painting type) and some colors you like, splash across the canvas and let dry. Instant art. Pretty cheap.
Make the most of the room you have with underbed storage bins.

Ideas for a teenage girl bedroom?




Shayla


I'm moving in a month and so that means new bedroom furniture!!

My idea is a bright colored room. Almost scene I guess?
So far I'm getting a new comforter, new curtains, a desk, a tv to hang on the wall, and light to put ariund the ceiling corner. Like christmas lights. And a body mirror.

I want to paint the walls two purple and two lime green but I'm not sure. .

Idk. What furniture should I get? I'm lost xD I've never gotten to pick my bedroom furniture out before ever.

Btw im 14 ill appriciate your help :)



Answer
Hi - first of all my love I wouldn't have two purple and two green - personally I would go for the green on 3 walls and the purple on your 'feature' wall - which should be the wall you have on your bed. The purple and green together is brilliant but you don't want too much purple on the wall. You could bring some more purple in with i.e. purple and green bed linen or just plain green or plain purple. Also the purple could come in say on your lime green walls.

Buy some remnants of fabric or you could even use a pillowcase that matches your bed linen and buy one or two - perhaps a plain and one patterned - then buy a couple of blank canvasses and cut to the size of the canvas with some overlap so you can tuck this at the back of the canvas and secure with a staple gun. Look at this idea:

http://itswrittenonthewalls.blogspot.ie/2011/08/diy-wall-art-scrapbook-paper-styrofoam.html

You could perhaps use a nice mirror above your desk/dressing table?

Also, you might like one or two of these wall decals, but please do not put too many on your wall otherwise it will be too much - and your mum will tell me off - lol :) Tell your mum these do not mark the wall when either you get fed up with them or want to change your room again! Here are some nice ones here:

http://www.wondrouswallart.com/wall-stickers/girls-bedroom

Or, a nice wall quote - again you could put something like either of these on the wall just above your bed or something like that?:

http://www.enchantingquotes.com/wall-quotes-teens.html

You are a lucky girl :) But I would still bear in mind how much this is costing!

So, I would say to you to go to Ikea - where their furniture is good quality a lot better than it used to be a few years ago and very good value. If I was you I would go with all white furniture. I would definitely have a chest of drawers with possibly 5 drawers in and then purchase a dressing table/desk that you can utilise for your homework and your studies! You will need a bedside table to put your drink and perhaps a clock on.

If you are lucky enough to have a new bed - perhaps go for one that already has storage drawers in or one that you could put boxes etc underneath for all your bits and bobs. So get plenty of nice boxes etc to put stuff in and these can always go nice and tidy under the bed if you have room or inside your wardrobe?

Here are some ideas:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/search/?query=Small+Storage

And.. perhaps if you don't put too much on your walls and you are short of storage - you could perhaps put a couple of LACK shelves on the wall (again in white) - which also come from Ikea - with 2 or 3 boxes on top - those nice coloured ones to match your room either in green or purple - although if you put any on your purple walls then try to get some nice green ones cos these will look nice against the purple!

Well, I hope I have given you plenty of ideas and good luck with your room and be happy getting it all done and make sure you keep it tidy :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I am currently designing my bedroom and need ideas.?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment