Friday, October 11, 2013

Would rubbing alcohol remove face cream smears from painted furniture?

bedroom set with vanity
 on Bedroom Set - Vanity | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
bedroom set with vanity image



Joyce A


My bedroom set is painted white, and it's the Pleasant Isle from Broyhill. I've enjoyed the furniture, but the painted finish seems to mar easily.

A few weeks ago I was having a bath renov done, and I moved things from the vanity top to the chest of drawers. I had several opened sample packages of various face creams and lotions. They are the little tear-open envelopes that have only an application or two in each one. Somehow, some cream or lotion smears got on the top of the chest of drawers and left smudges. It did not take the finish off, but I can't remove the cloudy smudges. I tried various cleaning products. I was going to use a Magic Eraser, but my cleaning lady said it would ruin the finish. I thought about Goo Gone, but she said not to use that, either.

Does anyone know of anything I can use to remove the spots without harming the finish on the furniture? I thought about rubbing alcohol, but I'm not sure. The spots are on a very conspicuous place, right on top, and I don't want to make it look worse.



Answer
Maybe a few drops of Dawn dish soap in warm or tepid water may remove the smudges. I wouldn't use rubbing alcohol.

how to make a japanese themed room without a platform bed and white walls and the room not being cluttered?

Q. i am gonna get a bedroom set soon but i cant wait eeeep. i am half japanese need i wanna show off my japanese side how to make a japanese themed room without these: a platform bed, a short vanity table(is that's how to spell it i forgot!lol) shoji screen,plants,matt,Table,and pillows to sit on.


Answer
asian themed wall decals
http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fs%3Fie%3DUTF8%26rs%3D%26ref_%3Dsr%255Fnr%255Fseeall%255F13%26keywords%3Dasian%2520wall%2520decals%26qid%3D1265434936%26rh%3Di%253Aaps%252Ck%253Aasian%2520wall%2520decals%252Ci%253Amisc&tag=mariesmanor0b-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Would rubbing alcohol remove face cream smears from painted furniture?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment