Sunday, October 6, 2013

What color of furniture can I buy to match my mahogany platform bed?

bedroom set 2 nightstands
 on AE-Roza-SET Roza 5 Pcs Bedroom Set (Bed, 2 Nightstands, Dresser and ...
bedroom set 2 nightstands image



Ozzie


The bed only came with the 2 nightstands, it looks very nice and sleek but I don't know what other color to use. I need a dresser or a 5 or 6 drawer chest for my clothes. The walls in my room are off white. Im trying to keep it simple and modern looking. Maybe a few frames in black/white pictures. Any help. Only serious replies.


Answer
Mahogany can go towards the red or brown shades so I wish there was a picture. There is a bedroom set in black that Ashley has that has a brown wood top and comes in two dressers and a wardrobe that you could try, but it is more cottage style with round feet. I would go black for a modern look. Wicker could go too. The furniture stores have such great deals now it is worth walking through a few and snapping some pics with your phone and holding it up at home. Remember you don't want to just like it - furniture is a long term commitment! Be sure you love it and it suits the storage needs you have. Otherwise, I often think it looks modern and streamlined to do a California closets type of treatment and have no dressers - just built ins. then you can put up some beautiful artwork or a mirror or a tv over an electric fireplace and play up the romance with the added spaciousness. A rug and chair in front of the fireplace is what I did and I love the feel.

Where do people buy "real" furniture in Southern California?




sarcastro1


I want to buy a bedroom set that will last, preferably for at least a couple generations, in solid wood. I don't want Ikea or anything like that. Where do you buy your furniture? Any tips on good, discount furniture?


Answer
Ethan Allan has really good stuff, but its really expensive. Stuff made out of real wood (not pine or particle board) is fairly pricey. Wicks has some decent stuff. We priced out a nice mahogany bedroom set there with a queen sleigh bed, highboy dresser, and a pair of nightstands which came out to about $3500. I'd say stay away from Levitz. I bought a recliner from them that fell apart within 2 years. My wife fell in love with a sleigh bed from Thomasville. without the matress it was $2500. I found a guy on ebay selling the exact same bed that was 6 months old for 1500 with a nice beauty rest matress. I went for it, but had to pay a few hundred to have it shipped from NYC to Los Angeles. You might try that though, look around in the high-dollar stores, note the maker and model number then look to see who might have it on ebay or maybe an internet retailer.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What color of furniture can I buy to match my mahogany platform bed?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment