Thursday, September 19, 2013

How early to people usually show up to an estate sale?

bedroom set dresser
 on Bedroom in a Box Twin Bed Furniture Set - Hello Kitty | ToysRUs
bedroom set dresser image



Ashley A


I found pictures of an elderly woman's estate sale. She has a very cool antique bedroom set (dresser, nightstand, four-poster bed and another chest of drawers). I want to know how early I should get there if the estate opens at 9am. Also, do I go in there and make an offer or will the items be priced? Are these prices generally negotiable?


Answer
If the estate sale is run by some sort of company, it is doubtful prices will be negotiated. It can't hurt to ask how low they would be willing to go.
These people know how much antiques cost and they get a percentage of the profit from the estate.
If the sale starts at 9 am, you should be there by 8:50 (just in case they hand out #'s or let a certain amount of people in at one time).

Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

How do you freshen old dresser drawers?




Silverwolf


A friend just gave me a bedroom set (mirror dresser and chest of drawers) that has been in a garage for quite some time. They're old but still in good shape. What's the best way to clean them (the dust is in EVERY nook and cranny) and what can I do to keep my clothes from picking up that stale wood smell? Any suggestions are appreciated.

ps I don't like the smell of cedar, so that's out. I like the smell of lavendar or fresh flowers, just like the laundry soap I use.

Thanks!!



Answer
put some dryer sheets in them and stick them in a warm dry area for a couple of days and febreeze them. or you could stick some regular bar soap in them and let it sit for a couple of days
good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How early to people usually show up to an estate sale?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment