Monday, June 24, 2013

teenager remodeling bedroom?

bedroom furniture ideas australia
 on IKEA bedroom furniture IKEA bedroom furniture  Home Designs Project
bedroom furniture ideas australia image



watever


so im a 14 year old girl and i want to make my room look different without spending too much money. i live in an apartment so i cant paint the walls or do any other major stuff so i have white walls, tan carpet, and white sliding door closet on one wall. also most of my furniture is white except for my dresser and desk. is there some sort of website where you can design a room and get inspiration for my room? something like what ikea has on their website??


Answer
Well the beauty about a plain room is that u can do anything with it! before u start i recommend u really think it through that way you dont start redoing it then halfway through think "You know, i really dont even like the beach!". Anyway, here are some ideas i have for you.

i dont know what country you live in but in Australia (where i live) we have a store called Spotlight which sells all sorts of craft/home ideas. Anyway i picked up a really cool bedspread there for about $30, but you can get a cheap bebspread anywhere, why not try ebay?

Another thing you could do is get one of those chinese paper lanterns, they come in all colors and shapes, not just asian themed rooms, and looks fantastic and creative in a bedroom. they r pretty cheap too. i have a pink one in my room.
http://www.paperlanternstore.com/

If you fancy yourself an OK artist, why not paint a pattern, picture or collage on a big canvas board (which you can get at any cheap-o store for a few bucks.). That way, you can do anything you want!! here are some collage ideas:
-peace theme: http://img31.picoodle.com/img/img31/4/2/...
-beach theme: http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_228/1...
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk286...
-girly theme:
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn53/...
-friend collage where u put pic of ur friends + words and phrases + buttons or stickers
-favourites collage where u put a bunch of your fave things together!

other things that r cool:
-posters
-bean bag chair
-egg chair?
-hammock!
-candles
-windchimes
-dream catchers

if your really on a budget though the best thing you can do is try to find things that arent new. scour flea markets, goodwill or op-shops for pre-loved items at a very cheap price. you never know what u will find!

If i think of any more ideas then i will let u no, but this should start u on the right track. remember, your bedroom should be a place you love to go, your own space just for you.

anyway, as for your question, go here and look under 'shop rooms'. unfortunatly its quite expensive.
www.pbteens.com
good luck!

I think I have BED BUGS!?




Emily.


I think I have bed bugs and every morning I wake up with new bites all over my skin. I keep telling my boyfriend they're mosquito bites but he's dumbfounded cause it's still winter here. I'm really upset, they itch alot and are all over my back and arms and even on my feet. I can't get rid of my bedroom furniture cause they're brand new. Please give me information on how to get rid of these stupid things, they're ruining my life. Thanks


Answer
Same thing happened to me last year. I can't say for sure what's biting you, but I can tell you what was biting me. Beg bugs. Seriously. I thought they were just a myth ("sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite..."), but they're real. And a real pain.

Most of my bites occurred on my neck, and, just like you said, weren't there when I went to bed but were there when I woke up. They didn't hurt, but they itched and took forever to go away. They were red and raised, much like mosquito bites.

Does that sound like what you are experiencing?

If so, then you probably have bed bugs - or at the very least should rule that out!

Bed bugs are nocturnal, and they're most active between 3 and 6 am. The can sense a heat source (i.e., YOU) and need to live near the heat source to feed. So that's why they're most commonly found in/on/near mattresses. They feed on your blood (little vampires!) while you sleep. The idea that little bugs were crawling on me while I slept almost put me over the edge, but that's the truth. They're too small to notice most of the time, and even when they bite, you don't feel it.

Bed bugs are TINY, and they breed like crazy, laying hundreds of eggs at a time. So even if you see one or two adults hanging around and kill them, you're not out of the woods yet.

As I mentioned, most bed bugs live on mattresses--usually on the underside right around the seams (so they can hide during the day). You may also find them on the boxsprings. If you're brave enough, lift up the mattress and see what you find. You may see live bugs, but as I said, even the adults are tiny (like half the size of your pinky nail), so there's no way you'd see the eggs with the naked eye. What you'll probably see is some reddish-purple stain on your mattress. Looks like dried blood. It IS dried blood. Your blood. That's what they feed on, as I mentioned, and that's what they excrete. If you see this kind of stain on your mattress, that's a tell-tale sign...

So I know you're probably thinking "How did I get bed bugs?!?! What do I do now?"

I don't know where yours came from, but in my case, they came from a neighbor's apartment. They're small, so they came under the baseboards from apartment to apartment. He got them from a hotel. A nice one. In New York City. And they came back with him in his luggage. Bed bugs were very active in the US 40 or 50 years ago but were mostly eradicated (DDT was very popular then!). They have not been eradicated from all countries, though, and I read that they were still a big problem in parts of Australia and France. And with the rise in global tourism, they've become a problem in the US again in recent years. Have you traveled recently? Slept in a hotel? Or if you live in an apartment/condo/townhouse, it's possible you got them from a neighbor.

As for what to do now, it's extremely important to take this problem seriously. Bed bugs are VERY difficult to get rid of, so be persistent. Based on my experience, my advice is below:

First, if you live in an apartment, call your landlord. Ask him/her if anyone else in the building/complex has complained of similar problems. If so, ask if he/she has determined what the problem is. (My landlord was extremely reluctant to admit it was bed bugs, even though he knew it was, because he didn't want me to freak out.) Tell him/her you think it may be bed bugs and ask him/her to call an experienced exterminator immediately. These bugs will not go away on their own, and it will only get worse as they spread. My landlord was very lazy about it. He was a good guy, but he had never dealt with bed bugs before and had no idea how serious the issue would become. I wish I'd been more firm with him in the beginning, which is why

Title Post: teenager remodeling bedroom?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment