Friday, May 24, 2013

How do I adhere wallpaper to smooth, lacquer veneer furniture?

Q. I have a (cheap) white bedroom set with a smooth, lacquer veneer finish, that I'd like to put wallpaper on the front of the doors - how do I adhere wallpaper to it? Is it easier to just paint it?

A. You will need to sand the finish with a 220 grit or finer (the larger the number the finer the grit) You can use a pre pasted paper but additional paste may be in order. There are many self adhesive vinyls that are used for shelf liners which may be an option as the adhesive backing sticks to almost anything. If you paint you will need to sand and possibly prime depending on the finish coat color





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I adhere wallpaper to smooth, lacquer veneer furniture?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment