Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Is reclaimed wood furniture trendy or a modern classic?

Q. I love reclaimed wood for both its natural beauty and its eco-conscious design. However, I'm worried that it might not be the worth the investment (especially since I have my eye on a complete bedroom set). I was wondering if the prevading opinion in the design community is that reclaimed wood is a passing fad or if it is quickly becoming a moern classic style. Thank you!

A. a passing but recurring trend more than a fad.

reclaimed wood furniture has been around for a long long time. every decade since the late 1960s it seems to enjoy a brief resurgence.

fwiw: I like it & it goes well w/ my personal style which is best described as "vintage industrial/ urban farmhouse". although my brother describes it as "Steampunk Space Cowboy"

get the pieces you absolutely love & make sure they are well made. there is a lot of cheap crap out there that people are throwing together to take advantage of the current trend & it's not worth spending your hard earned money on.


Shipping Furniture from the united States to the Philippines?
Q. I recently found a really great Bed frame with wooden headboard in a Furniture shop here in California.

In fact most of my parents bedroom set where from the US and was shipped to the Philippine due to the privilages my dad had while still in the Navy ( and while he was relocated to the Subic base)
But that was more than 20 years ago


How can I ship the bed frame without damage to the Philippines and can I send them to normal shipping cargo carries?
Hopefully without damage?
Serious answers only

A. Arranging a shipping company will be easy.

However, people are always complaining about dealing with customs in the Philippines. By the time you pay the Philippines taxes, freight and possible bribes at the dock in the Philippines, you will probably wish you had just bought the bed in the Philippines instead.

I have seen some absolutely stunning local designed wooden beds in the Philippines. You can even have beds made to order for a reasonable price. Perhaps you could check out some deals in the Philippines first.


Regards: Jim


Where can I find Pottery Barn like furniture for less than PB prices? Or, who is the manufacturer of PB furn?
Q. I love the Sumatra bedroom set but it is really expensive so I'd like to either go directly to the manufacturer of the furniture or find something similar for less.

A. PB is having a lot their furniture manufactured in SE Asia. But, check out Home Decorators online or in their catalog. They are less expensive and have similar designs that are of good quality.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is reclaimed wood furniture trendy or a modern classic?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment