Saturday, April 20, 2013

How does Chicago compares to Phoenix, Arizona or New York City in terms of housing/jobs/environment/people?

Q. Just want to know which city is better for me to move to for affordable studios/1 bedroom under $600-$700/mth and employment in office/clerical/psychology fields.

A. Stick to Arizona, the housing prices are rough in Chicago and NYC.

Even though the Chicagoland area is the largest employment area in the US, the housing in both the large cities would have to set you back at least $700.


is Phoenix AREA a nice place to live?
Q. so im from San Francisco, CA.. and am having my baby in sept of this year. Its too expensive to live here in the bay area.. its over $2,000 for a two bedroom. which is ridiculous and something i couldn't afford. I have about $8,000 saved up just for renting a place for a few months while looking for a job.. could you find a 2 bedroom or 1 bedroom for under $700? also, is the job market pretty good? i went to school for esthetics and my ideal job would be working in a spa. overall is phoenix nice? THANKS!

A. That is all workable but don't move without a job. We have numerous spas including our luxurious resorts. Fina a realtor to help you narrow in on an affordable and safe location to live AFTER you secure a new job. Phoenix is a beautiful city with a lot to offer. I'm sure you are aware of our heat in the summer which is off set by our beautiful winters. That would be a big change from San Francisco. Good luck.


parents- how do you keep toys under control?
Q. I always vowed that my children's toys would not overtake my home. So my son has one basket with soft toys in it, and a round laundry basket with his playing toys, which is in the living room. I don't particuarlly like how there is just a random laudry basket full of toys in the middle of my living room, and wonder how other people store their kids toys, or if they have any ideas.
My son is nearly one, so where ever we put them, he needs to be able to get them without help.

A. I so hear your pain. We moved from a 2000 square foot house to a 700 square foot mini home. When we had the space, I rearranged the living room in the big house so I could literally shove all the toys into one corner so they were out of sight. Now I don't have that option.

So we have two large plastic totes outside with outdoor toys (his large duplex blocks got relegated to an outdoor status along with many of his trucks, large noisy play tools, etc..) Inside I have in the living room one rubbermaid tote (one of the common big ones, not the really huge one) and two small cupboards I got from Walmart that have a door and 2 shelves. They were $20 each but had to put them together myself. There's several styles, they all fit together to make a custom shelving unit, and they come with the straps to attach them to the wall so little ones can't pull them over. I have many more of these being used as storage options all over my house now.

Then 2 weeks ago I had to add a diaper box to hold some of his other toys that I couldn't leave on the floor anymore as we got a puppy (yes we are insane). His bedroom has two drawers in a nightstand for his rainy day/quiet time puzzles and electronic toys.

One thing about toys, is you can purge but they sneak back in. Daddy buys something spur of the moment and brings it home. You get Jr a treat while you are out for being good. He goes to visit Aunty who just happens to have a new truck he can take home. You stop at a lawn sale and see that $100 farm set you would love to have for Jr for only $10 so that comes home. Then you purge again and start all over!

You'll find a system that works, Wait though as it only gets better. Start adding sports equipment and computer/video stuff to the mix!!!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How does Chicago compares to Phoenix, Arizona or New York City in terms of housing/jobs/environment/people?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment