Monday, June 23, 2014

Which are the best brands of furniture- particularly bedroom furniture?




Brianne H


Hi, I'm trying to find out what some of the best brands of furniture are. Would you say Ethan Allen, Broyhill, and Pottery Barn? Or would you recommend something else. I'm looking into getting a new bedroom set and I want to know what the top brands are (as far as name recognition, brand appeal, quality, etc.). I'd appreciate any helpful responses you can give me. Thanks a bunch.


Answer
I worked for Ethan Allen, about 4 years ago.....They have always had the best furniture.....For generations, all of their furniture was made in the USA, until recently, most of it is still made in US, some however is being imported from China.....I still think EA is the best and its an investment, just make sure you will love this furniture, because you will have to live with it for a while....Best of luck....

How do I sand my Ethan Allen furniture to a natural finish?




Mnb T


I have a nice Ethan Allen bedroom set from the 1970s that it is in excellent condition (structurally), but the finish on the furniture is scuffed up, dull, and just way too dark for my taste. What is the easiest process for sanding this down to a natural finish?


Answer
I use Strypeeze to remove majority of finish. It removes every kind of finish I ever used it own. Then I sand the small spots it didn't quite get. Most manufactured furniture uses very thin veneer wood on top of secondary wood so a sanding mistake can severely damage a piece of furniture. I use a random orbit sander and fine grain paper. Takes most of the work out of it too.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which are the best brands of furniture- particularly bedroom furniture?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment