Wednesday, October 23, 2013

How much should I sell my bedroom furniture for?

bedroom set $500
 on piece bedroom set natural distressed wood $ 500 mentor price $ 500 ...
bedroom set $500 image



Tamee


I have a black 7 piece queen size bedroom set with two night stands, a dresser and a mirror that I purchased for $1600 about 16 months ago. I also paid $600.00 for some pillow top mattresses. Everything looks brand new. Someone offered $700. How much should I sell it for? Mattresses included.


Answer
The best answer is whatever you can get for it, I think $700 isn't a good price for it, but it's most probably close to what it's worth at most.

When you buy new, you're paying for the over heads as well. If you place an add in a free online site saying what you have is new or bought 2 weeks ago, you'd be very lucky to get 70% of that $2200 you paid for it. Reason being that buying from a store you have in general an amount of consumer protection for the most part.

What most people don't understand, is that the store bought that product or those goods for a fraction of what they sold it for, to cover their over heads. My Ex used to work for a big department store, I was surprised to find out that some items have a 500% mark up, I'm not saying there was a 500% mark up on your goods, but I'm guessing at least 100% if not more.

Websites for bedroom furniture?




rainy show


I want new bedroom furniture. I like dark colors, modern, simple, teenager style, and comfortable. Do you know any websites where they might sell furniture like this. It doesn't have to be everything I listed, but pretty close. I'd also like it if the website had a desk that matches the bedroom set. Nothing too pricey (under $2,500) and pretty good quality. Thank You!

Also, if you know a website where I can find accessories (lamps, sheets, ect.), then pleas list! Thanks again.



Answer
There are lots of websites with lots of product. The problem is the price doesn't always match the quality. If you plan on only keeping your furniture for 1 to 5 years and treat your furniture with kid gloves Ikea may be a good choice, however, ask anyone that has had Ikea furniture for a while or attempted to move it. It tends to auto destruct upon moving. Those cam lock type assembly hardware just don't like to be moved. What makes it fairly inexpensive is what makes it poor quality. The whole thing is about freight and warehouse space. This should NOT YOUR PROBLEM. In my humble opinion, virtually all assemble yourself furniture is inferior quality mostly made of particleboard filled with formaldehyde. My family and I have been in the furniture business both manufacturing and retailing for over 60 years. Our retail store went on line almost 20 years ago. I understand both manufacturing and retailing. I sell what I make every day of the week in my store. Consider checking out a local store with less than 5 to 10 stores. in my experience the larger the chain, the poorer the quality and service. Also, in this difficult housing market, many both large and small stores are struggling and over 20,000 retail furniture stores both large and small have gone out of in business in the last 18 months. PAY BY CREDIT CARD for a little protection. I have noticed fairly good quality furniture in Costco. In the STORE not on line. It is very seasonal for them and the selection is very limited but well priced and good quality. Also please check out our website and blog @ www.barnfurniture.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How much should I sell my bedroom furniture for?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment