Monday, September 30, 2013

How to stop a cat from scratching at our bedroom door?

bedroom set with wardrobe
 on Premium Corona Bedroom Trio | Bedroom Set | Wardrobe, Chest Of Drawers ...
bedroom set with wardrobe image



Brittany


I have a 5 month old Siamese/domestic cat that I rescued when she was about a week old. She was found abandoned and i took her in, bottle fed her and fell in love with her so I kept her. For the first 2 months she was too small to jump up onto our bed and she didn't understand the concept of scratching. The third month I was on vacation and took her with me and she never scratched at anything. She loves to play but she used to not scratch. When i got home from vacation i bought her a cat tree and she loves it. She started scratching at the bottom of it (which i have mo problem with). My cat used to sleep in my bedroom with me and my husband but About a month ago I put up a wardrobe in my bedroom and she started clawing at it and it wakes us up all through out the night. So I started closing the door and leaving her to have the rest of the house when we go to sleep. Only one problem. She scratches at our bedroom door. If we let her in she goes straight to the wardrobe and scratches that. If we don't let her in she continues to scratch and doesn't stop. I've tried spraying her but my cat LOVES water so she thinks its a game. I put her cat tree next to the bedroom door since she likes to scratch the tree also but it doesn't help. We are renting the house and I can't put any kind of foil or tape on the door. I've tried leaving the bathroom door open with water at a slow drip from the faucet in the sink since she likes water but she comes back a few hours later and forgets about the water. I need help!!!!!


Answer
I love challenges like this. Now, where she has scratched the wardrobe is where she has put her scent on the wardrobe. So you need to remove that scent, by soap and water. Then, there are a couple of approaches. If she has scratched on just one area, then try blocking it off by something heavy. Or use double sided sticky tape on the area. She won't like that.

Clearly, you cannot keep the door closed, or she will cause more problems. Now there are approaches to keeping her away from the door, but those are not often successful. Sometimes foil down before the door will stop her from walking on it. But she may ignore it. There are motion sensors you can set up that will emit a hiss to keep her away from the door. The hiss is from a shot of compressed air. (SSSCat spray is one)

If a mouse has been under my wardrobe, do I need to clean down there?




Ian


A mouse got into my bedroom last night, and spent a long time underneath the wardrobe where, aside from hiding whenever I moved, it sounded like it was trying to burrow through the floor.

This morning I've had a look under there with a torch and can't see any evidence of its being there - no droppings from the looks of it, but if it was there for a good couple of hours is it likely to have contaminated the space, and will it start to smell? Should I be getting the wardrobe moved so I can clean the carpet?



Answer
I would set up a few traps and see if you have any luck catching it. If you catch it or in about week I'd then I'd sweep because it might go underneath tonight. Good Luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to stop a cat from scratching at our bedroom door?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment