Thursday, April 25, 2013

Whats better keeping the air conditioning at a constant temp or up and down when I leave and come home?

Q. I live in Las Vegas, I typically have the temp at 73 at night, 76 during the day, and 79 when Im out and about.... Is this better ( money wise) then typically keeping it at 75....

A. I used to work for a utility company in Arizona, which was a partner in major studies about AC efficiency and power consumption.

It's generally most energy efficient to change the setting only if you want it to stay at that setting for six hours or more. A programmable thermostat can really help. Allow an hour for the AC to cool the house to the desired temperature.

Maintaining an overnight temperature of 73 is really upping your power consumption needlessly, though. You might find that closing off the bedrooms and running fans, moving around the air you cooled to 76, keeps you just as comfortable.


With a 5 month old baby what do I keep the tempture at?
Q. I have a 5 month old baby who gets cold easily even though he's dressed warmly he still manages to remove he's blankets and he was cold all night,I was wondering what tempature do i keep my home now that's it's winter we live in las Vegas so it hits 40 degress at night and 60 in the day.

A. The book What to Expect the First Year says room temperature for baby should be between 68 & 72 degrees. My house is odd. I set my thermostat at 72 my bedroom gets to 74 at night while my baby's room would get down to 64. We had to get a cool tough ceramic heater for her room to run at night and keep it warmer in there. You don't want it too hot b/c it increases the chances of SIDS, but too cold and baby will get a cold. Get a cool touch heater with it's own thermostat on it so you can set his room where it needs to be. A 5 month old should not be sleeping with blankets due to suffocation hazard. Dress him warmly and get the heater. Best solution.


What is the best way to pass your time when you are free after a long struggle for something?
Q. Hey Friends!
I just made my way into a medical college after an arduous struggle of three LONG years. Finally I have got a month or so before the start of new classes. What to you, is the best way to pass these days? Should I read Books about Medical ? Should I just hang around? Should I read books about self development? Should I develop myself physically?
What should I do?

A. I think three directions are good and can all be done.
1) Typically in studying many long hours, diet, sleep patterns, and exercise often goes into the low priority mode. First, start getting a good night's sleep. Set up your bedroom for nighttime to be quiet, dark, cool temperatures, fresh good bedding and start aiming for 8 hours sleep for a while. Once in med school, that in going to fall apart again, so try a good pattern. Everyone should improve their diet and exercise, and now is a good time. I advocate a good one-a-day vitamin like Twinlabs, Centrum, or similar. Give up the low nutrition foods. Look for high fiber, low fat, low sugar, less processed foods. No diet soda or highly sugared soda (try seltzer/club soda with a splash of juice in it). Reference my answers here:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ak1xjD5Hg2tCAxdzUL1IGrPty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20111009143834AAivxwe
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ArSjjf14Ad41ZoUH0xsW3tvty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20111002115254AApgzoo
And, yes, at your age it is relatively easy to build body tone, so work out also a few days a weak. Aim for alternating days.
2) Everyone has things they enjoy doing and put off. Whether it is camping, hiking, bike riding, a vacation away (I live in Las Vegas - great for the over 21 age vacation), a hobby to try like painting or other media, photography, or any other, find what makes you happy and spend some time doing it. It is only going to get much tougher later.
3) Prep for the future. Learn a little about managing personal money and finance. Get out and meet new friends of both sexes. Is it time to start a relationship or solidify a current one? Possibly check through what your first set of coursework may be, but do that lightly.

So passing time? That is easy to do. I retired from work and still keep busy. Avoid the TV and open up to real life. Reading books, medical or otherwise - only if there is a book you would enjoy, and I personally don't read much more than browsing a newspaper and keeping up with online articles and a few magazines. It is too time consuming. I hope you like my thoughts to self-improve AND have some fun in a time break of a month AND look just a little ahead.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Whats better keeping the air conditioning at a constant temp or up and down when I leave and come home?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment