Sunday, April 21, 2013

How do I create an East Asian-style bedroom in a small space and limited colour options?

Q. My room is 10x10, including a closet, and the top half of the walls are white, whilst the bottom half the wall is painted a magenta/Barney purplish, painted by the former residents of the home. I'm not able to change the colour so I'd like to create an East Asian style bedroom that would include that colour. Got any ideas?

A. One easy and cheap way to change the look is to simply change your bedding, have a look at new comforter covers, sheets and pillowcases in some asian style, for example here is one good source for complete beddign sets.


What is the quality of Malaysian made (bedroom) furniture?
Q. I am looking to purchase some bedroom furniture, but I don't know the quality of furniture made in Malaysia versus the other set made in America. We will be moving in about a year, and don't want the stuff to fall apart in our next move. Anyone have any experience with furniture made in Malaysia or other Asian countries?

A. They imported cheap furnitures from Bali, Indonesia and then raised the price up (For money ofcourse) and claim that the Malay made it.


What can I use instead of a side table ?
Q. I don't have a side table and want one but I can't buy one cause my bedroom furniture is 'unique' cause my late great grandpa made it and it is Yellow in color.
I don't want to paint the furniture.

Any ideas on what can I Use instead of a side table ?
I want 'something' so that I Can put a book, a glass of water etc on it so the things are handy

A. stack of (vintage) luggage, a stool, african/ asian or otherwise, a small trunk, an ottoman with a tray set on top, an architectural fragment like a column or pediment, any sort of interesting odd thing that is roughly the size of the desired table, or even a disobedient child.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I create an East Asian-style bedroom in a small space and limited colour options?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment