Thursday, June 19, 2014

how can I make my bedroom feel more "city like"?




Rachel S


soo I live way out in the country (about an hour from atlanta)..
I absolutely love the city and I would like to make my bedroom fit my style.
I cannot spend ANY money (for paint or anything) but I would still like to make my bedroom feel as if its in the middle of the city..
any ideas?number 1 (right inside of my bedroom): http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/Rachel_zoe_2009/Mobile%20Uploads/0608122012.jpg
and number 2 (where my bed is): http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/Rachel_zoe_2009/Mobile%20Uploads/0428121554.jpg
btw, plz excuse the mess, this was before i cleaned up my room
here are 2 pics on my room.



Answer
You could do a collage or a painting of something like a city view. If you're ever seen the 'view' out the window of the 'Seattle apartment' on 'Frasier,' it was all done with set design; I've read that there WAS no such view in Seattle. But it looks real, doesn't it?? All you'd need would be a rectangular stretched canvas. Tall buildings would be super easy to paint; just tall rectangles with bright rectangles or squares for windows. Have fun!

I might be moving to Seattle from the Twin Cities. Apartment recommendations?




Tom


I am considering moving to the Seattle area if I am offered a job at a great company in Bellevue. I'm a single professional, earnings in the mid $80's. Would prefer a 2 bedroom apartment since I'd be coming from a 1200 sq foot townhome.
How would the drive be from downtown Seattle to Bellevue? What are the rent ranges ($$'s) both in downtown and the 'burbs between Seattle and Bellevue?



Answer
the drive time from bellevue to seattle is generally i would say 15 minutes with minimal traffic... with rush hour traffic that can be a completely different story. i would estimate the drive in rush hour over the 520 bridge to be anywhere from 45 min-1.5 hours. you would commute back and forth between the 2 probably over the 520 or I-90 bridge, depending on where your apartment will be. you'd probably take 520 floating bridge if you lived more north near lake union, queen anne, seattle center area. you'd probably take the I-90 bridge if you lived in more of the pioneer square, belltown area.

rent in seattle is pricey, but this is also coming from a recent college grad. your earnings could probably get you a very nice place. most of my friends that live in 1 bedroom apts downtown pay anywhere from 1300-1800 a month. do you want to live in seattle because you perfer the whole big city/downtown feel? if you aren't dead set on that i'd suggest looking for places on the eastside closer to bellevue. the whole eastside/surrounding bellevue area is very, very nice and a lot of them have newer townhouse developments. some places you might want to look in are issaquah, kirkland or maybe even redmond.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: how can I make my bedroom feel more "city like"?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment