Thursday, April 10, 2014

Rich people - How do you feel about yourselves?




Sunny McBu


Also, how's it feel being rich? How do you feel your life is different than the majority's?
This isn't a religious question, nor do I want religion shoved down my throat. This is a question about money.
Ok. Let's go with top 15%.



Answer
Everyone's definition of "rich" is different.

To be clear, I consider my self very fortunate and am just trying to answer this question to the best of my ability.

My father is an entrepreneur (is a very self-made man considering he grew up on the streets of NYC) and my family owned 2 private jets, 2 boats, 3 houses (all with more than 6 bedrooms), several luxury cars, a limo, employed chef, employed house manager, and a full-time employed housekeeper at the peak of his businesses (this was maybe one or two years ago).

Assuming I meet your definition of "rich" than I feel like everyone else I know. I go to an all-girls private school -- one of the top schools in the country -- and I study 3 languages as well as do over 100 hours of community service yearly. Every person I know attends a private school and is into the same sports as I am.

I feel like my life is not different than the majority's lives because although I have had the oppurtunity to go to 10 of the 16 (used to be 17 until Le Bec Fin became casual) five star restaurants in the United States and have visited France, Italy, Nevus, Bora Bora, and the Caribbean (to name but a few), my life is not all easy.

I have a 6-figure trust fund to fall back on when I am 25 years old but I still work hard for my shopping money. I babysit, I do chores around the house, I help my community a lot, and I try to be as social as society allows a 13 year old. I have several designer purses, shoes, sunglasses, and other accessories but I still have to put up with my annoying parents: the same as the rest of the world.

What sets me apart from anyone else I know is that my dad has been charged with several white-collar crimes and one of his largest companies (worth $400 million) went bankrupt not long after my 8th birthday and now I have to put up with newspaper reporters calling my house (so our 4 phone lines are often busy), various people knocking on our door for interviews, and then I have to deal with the public humiliation that comes with this press attention.

I am no celebrity world-wide, but in my community my family is of very high status and the press says very very nasty things which no ordinary 13 year old girl should ever have to deal with.

You have to understand that although my IQ is among the top 0.5% and although my family's wealth exceeds beyond the top 5%, I do have a lot to deal with.

It's funny, I've always wanted an "average" life style with loving parents (I was raised mostly by nannies) and no involvement in the business world (my brothers and I already have a 1/4 share in over 10 companies and we are all under 18 years old, plus I signed my first $200 million contract in first grade at 6 years old). Whereas most people want an Upper Class life, the "American Dream" as some refer to it as.

I say my life feels different -- yeah. It feels good sometimes be wealthy -- of course. But at the end of the day, I just want shelter, food, and love. Anywhere my life goes as long as I have someone to love me, food to keep me warm and healthy, and shelter over my head I will be happy.

I know a lot for a 13 year old. A lot of people say I have grown up too quickly because of the pressure put on me.

-Catherine

Edit: To the person who said wealthy people never do anything for the community is 100% UNTRUE! My mom is a philanthropists which means she gives away money as her job to organizations. We are just ordinary people. My dad is sitting in his office downstairs right this second in a Nike tracksuit because he works out every morning at our gym. My mom is in her bathrobe in one of her closets probably picking out cloths to wear.

What countries do you think have the most interesting Christmas traditions?




Nine


Subjective; but tell me their traditions :)

Most interesting gets 100 :D



Answer
In my opinion, its in China, England, Holland, Italy, Mexico, and Sweden.

Christmas Traditions in China: The small number of Christians in China call Christmas Sheng Dan Jieh, which means Holy Birth Festival. They decorate their homes with evergreens, posters, and bright paper chains. Families put up a Christmas tree, called a "tree of light," and decorate it with beautiful lanterns, flowers, and red paper chains that symbolize happiness. They cut out red pagodas to paste on the windows, and they light their houses with paper lanterns, too.

Christmas Traditions in England: It is cold, wet, and foggy in England at Christmastime. The day before Christmas is very busy for families in England. They wrap presents, bake cookies, and hang stockings over the fireplace. Then everyone gathers around the tree as someone tells a classic holiday story, "A Christmas Carol." Children write a letter to Father Christmas with their wishes and toss their letter into the fire so their wishes can go up the chimney. After the children fall asleep on Christmas Eve, Father Christmas comes to visit.

Christmas Tradtions in Holland: Dutch children in Holland, or the Netherlands, eagerly await the arrival of Sinterklaas on St. Nicholas Day on December 6. Sinterklaas is a kindly bishop. He wears red robes and a tall, pointed mitre on his head. Sinterklaas travels by ship from Spain to Amsterdam's harbor every winter. He brings his white horse and a huge sack full of gifts for the children. Families celebrate St. Nicholas Eve at home with lots of good food, hot chocolate, and a letterbanket, a "letter cake" made in the shape of the first letter of the family's last name.

Christmas Traditions in Italy: The Christmas season in Italy begins on the first Sunday of Advent, which is four Sundays before Christmas. Christmas fairs feature fireworks and bonfires along with holiday music. Families go to the Christmas markets to shop for gifts and new figures for the manger scene. Some families set up a Christmas tree and decorate it. Families set up their presepio, or manger scene, on the first day of the novena. They gather before the presepio each morning or evening of novena to light candles and pray.

Christmas Traditions in Mexico: The weather is warm and mild in Mexico during the Christmas season. Families shop for gifts, ornaments, and good things to eat in the market stalls, called puestos. They decorate their homes with lilies and evergreens. Family members cut intricate designs in brown paper bags to make lanterns, or farolitos. They place a candle inside and then set the farolitos along sidewalks, on windowsills, and on rooftops and outdoor walls to illuminate the community with the spirit of Christmas.

Christmas Traditions in Sweden: In Sweden, the Christmas festivities begin on December 13 with St. Lucia's Day, which celebrates the patron saint of light. The eldest daughter gets up before dawn and dresses as the "Queen of Light" in a long white dress. She wears a crown of leaves. Singing "Santa Lucia," the Lucia Queen goes to every bedroom to serve coffee and treats to each member of the family. The younger children in the family help, too. The whole family helps to select the Christmas tree just a day or two before Christmas.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Rich people - How do you feel about yourselves?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment