Tuesday, June 4, 2013

How easy is it to paint light tan/medium oak furniture to white?

Q. I am looking to invest in a new bedroom set and it is light tan/medium oak but I want it white. Do I just paint it? Or do I get it professionally done? If getting it professionally done who would I go to?

A. You can do this yourself. Just be prepared to work. While I find painting easy, it is still work. Actually, painting will be the easiest task. It's the prep-work that I least like. But if you do good prep-work and chose good products, you'll have a great finish. I shop at Sherwin Williams. I'm assuming the furniture is real smooth and nonporous. Start by sanding lightly to dull the sheen. Clean with TSP and let dry. Prime using their adhesion primer (water based) or XIM 400 primer (oil based). Paint two coats using their furniture paint called Pro Classic (water or oil based) . I like to use all oil based products on furniture (it drys harder), but because of the smell, you may prefer to use water based.

If you want someone to paint for you, they can get a smoother finish by spraying with a professional sprayer. Check with you local paint store for painters, or furniture re-finishers you can call.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How easy is it to paint light tan/medium oak furniture to white?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment