Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Are the products that Ikea sell good quality?

Q. im going to buy everything new for my bedroom. And i want to buy them at Ikea because i like the stuff they sell. its... moderny. But before buying id like to know if their stuff are good quality???

i was thinking of buying:
A bed frame, 2 bedside table and a 6 drawer chest from the Hemnes series.

A. We were looking at the same bed tonight for our spare bedroom, as well as the 6 drawer chest. :-)

IKEA's quality isn't the greatest, but I'd say it's about mid-quality. It's not heirloom, solid wood, pass on to others, type of furniture. If you are going in with the expectations that it isn't something that you'll most likely still have 10-15 yrs. from now, then it works well.

We have two desks, coffee table, and two end tables that we purchased there that are still in excellent shape, but we do plan on upgrading them in the next few years. We did have to purchase brackets for the coffee table as it wobbled when we first set it up. That solved that problem! I have a dresser from there that I purchased 3 yrs. ago that I am not too impressed with, but I also bought that on clearance for something like $40, so I can't really complain! I recommend re-enforcing the drawers when you put them together by using Gorilla Glue. I had issues with the bottom popping out as well as the sides coming detached from the front.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Are the products that Ikea sell good quality?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment