Wednesday, November 20, 2013

What are some colors that would go with a soft pink for a teenage girls room?

bedroom set girls room
 on Twin Bed - 4PC - $1,290.00 Twin Bed - $440.00 Nightstand - $170.00 ...
bedroom set girls room image



Kelly


My room is already painted a soft pink. I need different color/colors to go with it. I thought of pink and brown but I need more ideas. It would be awesome if you included a bed spread and matching decor. I will give a best answer. Thanks!


Answer
these are in order of difficluty:

The most classic design would be to use a light cream color for your accessories.. pink walls with cream colored drapes and bedspread. It would be calming and peaceful, great for a bedroom. You could liven it up a bit with texture and finish options. I assume the walls are eggshell so you could find a somewhat shiny bedroom set

A dark warm brown with a lot of red tint would also work but it would be a lot harder to find the color and it would be more difficult to accessorize.

If you wanted you could mix in that dark brown color and the cream color but keep the brown things small, like doing the pink and cream for everything and then brown pillow shams.

You could make more of a barbie style room if you found a purple with a lot of gray in it.

Another option would be to stick with the same color but find really bold versions of it.

~whatever you do you'll want to see the color in the room before you commit.

How can I decorate nursery for soon-to-have baby when six year old step-daughter shares the same room?




sgrjackson


I have six year old step-daughter, she lives with her mom so my husband and I only get her maybe two weekends a month. We have the second bedroom set up for her, but I am pregnant with our first child together and I don't know if we can quite afford a three bedroom home. How can I decorate this nursery? If we only get my husband's daughter once or twice a month, is it wrong to just leave her bed in there and her toys and go ahead and decorate the nursery for the baby as I want? I don't want to push her out or her to be jealous of the baby. What do you think? Any ideas?


Answer
Yikes, I frankly don't think there is any possible way the step-daughter won't be jealous and resentful having "her" room redecorated to accomodate the baby. Possibly listening to her input regarding color choices or theme could help. I think I'd set up a corner of my house with a desk that she helps choose and fill the desk with special craft materials that she helps to select. I'd make as big a deal out of setting up her desk as I would fixing up the nursery. I'd emphasize that the desk is only for big girls and babies can't get into it. Frankly, however, I think I'd move to a bigger place as soon as I could afford it. Good luck with your expanding family




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are some colors that would go with a soft pink for a teenage girls room?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment